Chapter 9

Some people are suffering, but you'll never notice because they're suffering in silence.

Violet's POV

I trembled in fear as the scary man grabbed my arm and roughly slammed me on the wall.

"You seem a bit shaken up," He mocks. "Don't worry I'll make this quick." He takes out a knife from his pocket. He brings the knife close my face running it gently on my cheek.

"It's a shame too. You're beautiful." I try and struggle out of his grip, but this angers him. He slams harder on the wall, "Stop fighting it bitch," He hisses.

"I'm not dying a without a fight," I spat glaring at him. I wasn't some damsel in distress, and he wasn't killing me without a fight.

"Let me go!" I yell struggling out if his grip.

"Shut up," He growls and cuts my arm with his blade. The pain burned, blood gushed out of the cut. I let a tear slip out of my eye, the pain increasing by the second.

"Not so tough now are we?" He jeers smirking proudly. His words anger me, and I struggle even harder, kicking his legs.

"Let her go, Abel," Someone orders. I turn and see one of the men who showed Linda, Bella and me to our rooms.

Abel steps away from me putting the knife back in his pocket. "Excuse me,"
He mumbles and quickly walks away as if nothing happened.

"Don't worry I'll take care of him, I'm Ace I took you and your friends to your rooms," He says smiling at me, I look at him skeptically; why was he so nice to me?

"Please don't tell anyone about this,"
I plea. I didn't want anyone finding out about this because it would just lead to more problems.

He looks at me in shock, "You can't be serious. How will you explain the cut?" He asks pointing at my hand.

"I'll think of something, but no one can find out. I'm trusting you'll tell no one." He looks at me like I'd grown two heads.

I know it seemed stupid not telling people what happened to me but I couldn't put other people's lives in danger because of my problems. I wasn't going to let innocent people die because of me, that's a mistake I refuse to make twice.

Ace looks at me for what feels like hours. I stand there in a very uncomfortable silence, I didn't like lying but I would if it meant Linda and Bella would be safe.

"Fine I'll play along in your game, but if this gets out of hand, I'm telling Xavier," Ace says in a stern voice. I nod, agreeing to his terms. "Now let's go get that cut cleaned up," He smiles at me beckoning me to follow him.

I walk behind him, wondering what was going on in this place. What files were those two men trying to steal, More importantly, what were they hiding?

Ace leads me to the kitchen. We enter and find Bella, Linda and Rose cooking. They look at my arm in horror, Bella rushed over to me, "What the hell happened?" She asks worriedly.

"I was cleaning, and some stuff fell on me, and I cut my arm," I lie terribly, Bella looks at me skeptically but doesn't push further.

"Nice save," I hear Ace mumble sarcastically. I roll my eyes at his comment, Livia walks over to me, her eyes asked a million questions, but she didn't utter a word. She pulls out a chair for me, and I sit down.

Rose walks over to me with a sweet smile. "I'll help you clean up that cut dear," She says taking out a first aid kit from the shelf close to us.

"Well, then I'll just leave you ladies to it," Ace chirps and exits the kitchen leaving us in silence.