Chapter 16

Evil lurks in places you would never imagine and tires to charm it's way into your life.

Violet's POV

There are some people that are just pure evil, I'd like to be an optimist and find good in everyone but I learned a long time ago that the devil lives in hearts of most people on this earth.

My mother, Terra Black is a demon. Gang-related issues has never been a foreign topic in my family, my mother had plenty experience in that area. Her brother, Lorenzo Reyes owned a strip club, he'd traffic girls from other countries and force them to work at his club as strippers and sleep with his many abusive and rich customers. I knew this because I was once one of those girls.

My mother decided on my sixteenth birthday that I wasn't worth anything to her. She handed me over to her brother to be used for sex like a dog, at the time my father had not been in our lives permanently. He came home and stayed for a few days and left for months, leaving me alone with my mom, my only support Bella and Livia. 

At first, Lorenzo only used me for his pleasure but over time he realized he could get good business from me. So he made me work in his club where I was beaten, raped and mentally broken down. I was given to people like Jax, people who lived on the pain of others. I was trapped there for a year.

Till this day I do not know why my mother hated me so much, why she let men use me, why she cursed me, why she watched her own daughter get raped with a smile on her face.

If not for my father, Bella and Livia I'd probably still be in that hell hole today. Bella and Livia went to my house every day constantly asking where I was my mom lied to them saying I went on a vacation with my uncle. After a while they started to notice something was off so they call my dad and told him everything.

He trolled into the club one night he saw me been maltreated by a customer, he beat the customer badly and as faith would have it he took me out of my hell and brought me to his home.

Two years later I found out my mother died in a mysterious shooting at the club. Mysterious meaning it never happened. 

After all the suffering my mother put me through I didn't hate her but I didn't love her either I'm just in the middle. Call me stupid but I wanted to know what the love of a mother felt like but it seems like that wasn't meant for me. I sighed and bent to tie the shoelaces on my trainers.

I'm currently in the small gym located east of the mansion, everyone was busy Bella and Livia had work to do but they were most likely flirting with Ace and Caden. Xavier was still trying to find out who shot his witness, he also insisted that I stay in the room but I decided to work out in the gym cause I'm got at staying in one place. I think it's really sweet that he cares about my well being.

I have on spandex and a black crop top that I brought with me when we came here.

Facing the punching bag in front of me and began to punch it violently. My mind drifts off to the events that have happened these past few months: Rose getting shot, Xavier, the mysterious dark figure in the woods and worst off all finding out my mother is actually alive. This all made me mad, I wanted this all to end.

I punched the bag harder, it flew back making the chain holding it up to the ceiling jiggle. I let out all my anger, my heart beat aggressively against my chest, my breathing picked up. Sweat dripped down from my forehead to my lip. I forgot how good this felt, how good fighting left.

Images of my father teaching me how to fight flashed through my mind, I'm grateful to him for teaching me even though he put me in this situation. Then I thought of Lorenzo and hit the punching bag harder imaging it was him I was hitting.