5.

Bella and I got to school and waited for Edward to show up. It was highly nerve racking to assume that your kind of friend was a vampire but it was the only thing that made any sense.

We were standing in the court yard when Bella saw Edward who was staring back at her. She lightly smacked my arm to draw my attention before we walked forward. She nudged him with her shoulder but continued to walk into the forest behind the school. I looked back to see him following us, I took a deep breath in to try and calm my nerves but was failing miserably.

We found a secluded part of the forest before Bella dropped her bookbag at the foot of a large tree then went to the middle of the space. I on the other hand stayed by the tree, trying to act as natural as possible.

"You're impossibly fast,and strong. Your skin is ice cold and pale white. Your eyes change color. And sometimes you speak like, you're from a different time. You never eat or drink anything. You don't go out in the sunlight." Bella said.

By now Edward was right behind her as I spoke.

"How old are you?"

"17"

Bella then asked, " how long have you been 17?"

"A while. "

Bella looked distraught but then proceeded to say, "I know what you are. "

"Than say it. Out loud. Say it. "

"Vampire" Bella finally said.

"Are you afraid?"

"No"

"Then ask me the most basic question. What do we eat?"

"You won't hurt me. ". I rolled my eyes at the comment. Bella he just admitted to being a fucking vampire. He would've had to hurt someone before.

That's when Edward took her and I both by the arms and started to drag us up to the top of the mountain. Apparently we 'need to see his real form in the sunlight'. But that's before he swung me on his back and Bella to wrap around the front of him and took off at an impossible speed. We reach the mountain top to see sunlight seeping in just enough for him to show. He shrugged us both off before opening his shirt and walking straight into the light.

"This is why we don't show ourselves in sunlight. People would know we're different. This is what I am. " he said before turning around to display his skin that looked like a disco ball.

It gave me this odd feeling of anger yet protectiveness that was very strange for me.

"Beautiful" Bella said. Oh my god Bella this isn't beautiful. It's weird but I'm not judging totally yet. I thought.

"Beautiful? This is the skin of a killer Bella. " Edward said with disgust before turning and running back into the forest, with us on his tail.

I step back and watch as they have their little moments again but still listen.

"I'm a killer. "

"I don't believe that."

"That's because you believe the lie. The camouflage. Everything about me invites you in. My voice, my face , even my smell. As if I would need any of that."

The then sped off only to reappear on a rock.
"As if you could out run me!"

Then appears back by Bella and pulled a large root from the ground and threw it, missing me by only a foot or two.
"As if you could fight me off!  I'm designed to kill. "