8.

I woke up to a flash of light. I sealed my eyes back shut until I heard a voice. One I've been wanting to hear since we left. Dad. I thought. I opened my eyes to see him hovering over my bedside and once he noticed I was up his face immediately light up like a Christmas tree.

"Oh my god you're up! Hey kiddo how you feelin'?" I smiled at him.

"I've been better but I'll survive. I always do. " I replied with a rough voice.

"Where's Bella?" I asked frantically looking around to see she wasn't here. I tried to get up only for dad and my now cast wrist to protest.

"She's just fine. She's right next door with your mother and a sleeping Edward. " he said the last name with notable disgust that made my chuckle lightly.

"Oh! And Billy is here with Jake to see you guys. Want me to send them in?" He asked tenderly. I nodded eagerly to see my other family which made him laugh before getting them and then going to the cafeteria.

A few moments later, Jake walked in and made a b-line to my bedside chair that was once occupied by dad.

"Are you okay? You feeling any better? Do you need anything?" Jake let out a million questions at such rapid speed that I was getting lightheaded.

Billy chuckled before leaning over the side and giving me a comforting side hug. I sent him a grateful and happy smile which he returns before I turned back to Jake and answer his questions.

"I'm fine Jake. I promise. Like I said to dad, I've been better but I'll survive. And no all I need right now is you guys. I love you all. " I said before we all hugged.

______________

(A week later)

It's been a week since the incident and it was homecoming night. I saw Bella walk down the stairs in her foot cast and low cut converse with a ruffled purple dress. She looked beautiful. I decided not to go since I was still tired and didn't like dressing up much.

Edward escorted her out and they were on their merry way. When they were gone, dad sighed then we both filed into the living room to watch a movie while I ordered some pizza and got dad a beer from the fridge. It was a relatively calm night until Billy without Jake came over and crashed our little party with some corny jokes, rough housing and sports games.

As I watched the two older men play like ten year old it made me smile and it warmed my heart to know that friendship like this actually existed.

At about eleven I headed up to bed and crashed.

*******************************************

End of the first book! Yay! I hope you all liked it and the next book should be out soon but I get slow with updates some times so please bare with me.

Thank you! 💙🖤