Chapter 3

Disclaimer- I don't own PJO or HOO
Chapter 3
Annabeth's POV
It's 9:45 at night. Mother was asleep. Now is the time. I am going to see Percy. I was wearing a long white dress that went down to my ankles. My balcony wasn't that high off the ground. My horse, Starlight was waiting at the bottom.
I opened my balcony doors and climbed to the ground with some vines that were attached to the side of the building. I saddled Starlight and rode to the castle. Then turned, and rode to the sables.
Percy was waiting there for me. His hair was wind blown and his sea-green eyes sparkled when he saw me. We put Starlight in a comfortable stable next to Blackjack. Percy took my hand and we ran behind the stables. A large garden was there.
"Percy, this is beautiful."
"Like you, do you want a tour?"
"Sure."
He guided me through the garden. Percy pointed at random flowers and said something about them. The roses were beautiful and red. I stared at them for a moment. Percy saw me looking.
He picked a rose and put it in my hair.
"For you, my love" he said.
I smiled. He smiled back. We sat down. The only sound was the small waterfall and chirping of crickets. A huge oak tree was in the center. We laid down on its roots, watching the moon. Percy got up and tripped on a root. I laughed
"Annabeth! That's not funny!"
"Of course it is."
I walked up to him to give him a hand. He smirked, took my hand, and suddenly pulled me down. I fell on top of him. Our faces were inches apart. Gosh, how I want to lean in and kiss him. But no, I didn't.
We sat down on a bench and watched the moon's reflection on the water. Light was peeking through the clouds.
"Percy! It's almost morning!"
"Really?"
"Now I have to go."
I ran before he say goodbye. Starlight was waiting. I mounted her. Then we rode all the ways back to my house.
I climbed the vines to my balcony. The doors were still open, like I left them. I changed into a nightgown and slid into bed, pretending I was asleep.
Mother was awake. She walked to my room. I heard her footsteps. She stood above me and the world. I know she has always loved me, but never shown it. In those few words, happiness welled inside me. A night with him is the best.