Chapter 12

Annabeth's POV

I ran from the castle. Percy couldn't find me. He shouldn't find me. Then, I heard someone running from behind me. I caught a flash of brown hair. Piper. I turned around.

"Piper! Why are you following me?"
"I had to Annabeth. Percy was here. Let him see you. He's probably sick out of his mind."
"I don't care! He probably hates me now."
"Why would he hate you. He asked me about you with complete worry and concern in his eyes. You did the same thing. Now, come back Annabeth." 

I huffed and followed Piper. Percy was going to hate me. I caused a war. I'm Helen of Troy. Now a city's young to fall and be smashed to ruins. And it's all my fault.

I looked at my appearance in a puddle of water. My hair was messed up and covered in twigs because of running through the forest. My face was streaked with grime.

We reached the castle gates. The guards seemed surprised to see us, but Piper used her charming way with words to let them in, even if we were dirty. Jason and Percy were standing inside. Both of hem frowning. My heart sank. He wasn't happy to see me. I was right.

Piper left to stand by Jason. She smiled at me, trying to give me courage. It didn't work. Percy and I had a silent standoff, each of us glaring at the other, his face more in shock then anger. Suddenly he surged towards me and kissed me.

"Oh Annabeth! Where have you been I was worried sick!"

I could tell Piper was giggling and smirking.

"Percy, I-. Your not mad?"
"Why would I be mad?"
"Because-"

I started to cry.

"Annabeth. Calm down. Everything's alright."
"Nothing's alright," I said, sniffing, "I just caused a war, and it's all my fault."
"No, it's my fault. If I have just left you and Luke, none of this would have happened."
"If I didn't love you, I would have married him. All of this would have been over. We have to stay away from each other. Act like none of this ever happened."

Percy nodded and held me while I cried. Tears rolled down by cheeks, falling to the floor. I stopped. Stood up and faced Piper.

"Could your mother lend us a few horses to get home?"

Piper nodded. I was going home. Where surely, everyone would hate me.

Aunt Aphrodite gave Percy and I two horses in for the each of us. She said we could keep them, as gift to our kingdoms. We rode home in silence. We didn't even say goodbye. We had to leave each other. It was for the good of our kingdoms. We have no other choice.

At home, I got a fine greeting. Malcolm hugging me. My parents hugging me. The staff welcoming me back. Even the towns. But it didn't feel good without Percy. We unofficially broke up. My heart hurt. It wasn't a physical pain. But an emotional one.

I cried in my room. I skipped dinner. I locked my door. And I cried. The tears rolled down my face.  My bedsheets were we. I didn't even bother changing into a nightgown, I just cried myself to sleep. Even the stars couldn't comfort me. Nothing felt alright without Percy.

Hi guys! Sorry about the short chapter, I hope you like the story anyway. Wattpad deleted my first chapter sooo yeah. See ya next time.
-Abby