Chapter 8

Author's Note- Hi guys! Sorry for not updating in forever. I wanna tell everyone who read my story and commented and voted on my story. You all rock!
Chapter 8
Percy's POV
I was standing outside on my balcony. I saw a white horse with someone on its back. That horse looked familiar. It was Starlight, Annabeth's horse. Then I saw locks of blond hair. Annabeth. What is she doing here?
There she was, riding towards the castle. I needed to signal her.
"Annabeth!" I shouted.
She looked up. Her eyes searched the skies.
"Percy?" she called back.
"Annabeth! I'm here!"
She ride towards my balcony. I made a ladder out of my clothes and climbed down.
"Annabeth. What are you doing here?" I asked her.
"Percy, I needed to see you."
I took her into my arms and kissed her. We were standing in the castle gardens. The sun was shining and birds were singing. It was a beautiful day, but Annabeth coming to see me doesn't sound so good.
"Annabeth, what's wrong?" I questioned.
"Malcolm knows. I told him. Luke may be coming back to marry me." she sounded close to tears.
"No, that won't happen."
"What will you do to stop it?"
I lifted her beautiful face with my finger. I leaned down and kissed her. Her lips were warm and soft. Then I heard a ruffling sound in the bushes. I pulled away and turned around. Standing there was my brother, Triton.
"Triton, what do you want?" I sneered.
"I want you," he pointed at Annabeth, "and I want you," he pointed to me, "to leave Annabeth and I and go back to Rachel."
"No." Annabeth whispered.
"What was that, beautiful?" Triton said.
Annabeth hid behind me. I gripped her hand. Another ruffling noise. A saw a flash of red hair. Rachel.
"What are you doing here?" then she noticed Annabeth, "You......I will not get married to a cheater. How could you? I thought you loved me." Rachel yelled angrily.
"Rachel, I was not cheating." I replied.
"This is cheating. You knew you were to be married to me. Still you go out with her." Rachel glared at Annabeth.
Another ruffle from the bushes. Blond hair, like sand.
"Luke." Annabeth whispered quietly.
There he was. Prince Luke of Mercury. His eyes were filled with anger and rage. He scowled when he saw Annabeth and I together.
"Annabeth? What are you doing here?" Luke said.
Then he saw me holding Annabeth's hand. He turned to me.
"Let go of my fiancé." he sneered.
"Luke, leave. I don't want you here." Annabeth stepped in front of me.
"Annabeth, what are you doing here? You are not supposed to be here." Luke reached out his hand for Annabeth to grab a hold of.
Annabeth kept her hand firmly in mine. Triton also reached out to twirl a lock of her honey blond hair. Rachel stepped forward. Her eyes held forgiveness.
"Percy, I'm sorry. I know you do not truly love me. You will never truly love me. I see you belong with Annabeth. Goodbye."
"Thank you Rachel, we can still be friends, of course." I replied.
At this, she smiled.
"Yes, we will." Then she turned and left.
Luke and Triton were still here.
"Percy, please. Don't fight them." Annabeth pleaded.
"Annabeth, for you I will."
"Brother, leave. Annabeth wants to be with me." Triton sneered.
"No Triton. It is you who must leave. I will never like you. Now, go." Annabeth spoke.
"Fine. If it is what you wish, beautiful." he replied. He turned and left.
Luke was still here. Now he had a sword in his hands. No. I uncapped Riptide. He became a full sized sword. Annabeth gasped.
While my guard was down, Luke lunged. I felt a sharp pain in my arm. I looked down. It was bleeding. Annabeth rushed towards me. Luke, successful in wounding me, walked away.
"Percy, this is all my fault." Tears began streaming down her lovely face.
"No, Annabeth. It's not your fault."
Annabeth tore a piece of her dress to bandage my cut.
"Goodbye." she said, then ran away.
Hello again. Anyway, leave comments please! And votes. Also check out my others stories, thanks.
-Abby