iii. where you began

Unlike Jack, Mark had never really noticed that he was different. Sure, you had the occasional strange thing, but he usually blamed those on his imagination, or because he hadn't had coffee. That was until one day, he was late for a class.

You see, something had gone wrong with his alarm clock, and he had woken up ten minutes before class started. He was panicking because, shit, he had an exam and he couldn't miss school. Nope nope nope that was out of the question. He'd put on his clothes in record time, but still only had seven minutes to get to school, which was a thirty minute drive away, seeing as there were a lot of roadworks, or a twenty minute walk, that would honestly be more of a run.

He sighed, obviously having to go with the faster option.

So Mark had raced down the stairs, out of the house, and into the woods where he could run as fast as he was able to.

Honestly, he had expected that he would run faster than usual, but not that fast.

Nope, definitely not that fast.

He had run faster than the speed of light, overtaking any car on the road, arriving at school in less than a minute. He had stumbled a bit when he got out of the woods, and saw some of his peers look at him, obviously confused. Honestly, he'd felt the same.

When he had gotten home, Mark immediately started researching extreme speed, but nothing that he found was even close. Actually, the only things that were close enough were superpowers, but that was absolutely ridiculous.

Later, he'd figured out that it, as a matter of fact, were superpowers.  Incredible, I know. Absolutely unbelievable.

Then, just before he started going to college, he entered his superhero fase. At that moment in time he loved everything related to them, and especially his comicbooks. He spent hours upon hours looking stuff up online, and eventually, amongst all of the fanfiction, he found news of an actual superhero. It was only on Tumblr, but he found a lot of proof. The hero he'd found stopped criminals from committing crimes, kicking their arses when they tried to steal from a bank, or a person. Besides, he had to be a real one, because which comic book superhero wore only a gray hoodie and sweatpants? He'd been in awe. Complete and utter awe. He'd googled pictures, watched interviews, and followed blogs. He'd been there way before the hero had become mainstream, and was there in the short while after. But then he disappeared. Nobody knew where he'd gone, and, after a while, everybody...forgot. Mark didn't. The hero had been his crutch, just knowing that there was someone out there like him gave him so much comfort.

About three months after his disappearance, Antisepticeye appeared. For some, he was an explanation.

See, there was this theory that Antisepticeye had gotten rid of the world's beloved hero and had managed to mimic him. At least, in a certain way. Their fighting techniques were the same and they could both teleport, and the costume, Antisepticeye was also wearing the gray hoodie and sweatpants combination, except that his were burned. The edges were dark black and honestly looked like they were going to fall apart. Then there was the name. As far as anyone knew, Anti had chosen his name himself. Why would he choose that? Because he wanted revenge. God knew why, there were multiple theories on that, but none of them had any proof.

But Mark just knew that Antisepticeye had gotten rid of the hero.

And Mark was going to get Jacksepticeye back.