Chapter Six: He Is Caleb Princely

Chapter Six
He Is Caleb Princely 

After witnessing the hilarious film, Kellan invited me, Haley and Channing to hang out at a bar nearby.  It was a part of his plan to finally get me an interview of the 21 Jump Street star.

     I got a cocktail while Channing got a whiskey.

     "So, how are you?" Channing made a smile as he looked at me.

     I sipped my drink then turned to him.  "I'm fine, thank you," I smiled.  "How about you?  You did a great job awhile ago."

     He chuckled.  "I'm good," he said.  "Yeah?" he snorted.  "You were laughing for almost half of the movie."

     I laughed.  "I know."

     We talked for what felt like hours.  Eventually, we had to say our good-byes to each other.  I wasn't able to ask him the questions I've mentally prepared days before Haley and I boarded the plane.  Channing was easy to talk to.  I didn't have those awkward moments.  In fact, I felt like I was just talking to a non-celebrity friend.  He was down-to-earth and sweet.

     Kellan took us back to our hotel room.

     "Thanks for taking us back here," Haley said.  "We've still got a late flight back to New York tonight."

     "Sure.  No problem," he grinned.  "Hope to see you again soon, though."

Haley and I groggily woke up the next morning feeling jet-lagged.  I dressed up for work, and arrived at the office with a glee in my heart.

     The moment everyone noticed I have arrived, they immediately formed a crowd in front of me.  They asked me about Channing and what he was like.  I told them how our conversation went and his traits.  Lorry became more in love with him as I spoke about what Channing was like.  Their spirits fell when I told them that he's deeply in love with his wife Jenna.

     "What's this all about?" Mr. Burghe's voice barged into the room.

     Everyone skittered back to their work places.

     Mr. Burghe made his way towards me.  "Ava."

     His stern voice made me jump a mile.  "Yes, sir."

     "Don't forget to submit the article of Channing's interview, do you understand?"

     "Yes, sir."

     Everyone waited until he has walked out and was completely out of earshot.

     Gabby from the other side of the room passed by my table.  "Hey, if you need any help with your article, I'm just nine cubicles away from you."

     "Thanks," I smiled considerably.

     "Ava!"

     Great.  What is it now?

     Mr. Burghe entered the office and placed a folder on my desk.  "I'm assigning you back to West Hollywood and find out if Caleb Princely's drug issues, women issues, and all the other issues are true."

     Everyone gasped upon hearing Caleb Princely's name.  I felt my own little world stop and absorbed what Mr. Burghe just said.

     "Your accomodations have been all set.  All you have to do is to finish your task within seven days.  You'll be leaving on Sunday night.  Got that?"