Chapter Eighteen: Kellan Saves The Day

Chapter Eighteen

Kellan Saves The Day 

Seven o’clock.

Finishing up for tonight’s premiere, there was a knock on the door.  I almost stumbled in surprise when I found Kellan Lutz standing in front of me.

     “Anybody called for a premiere date?” he flashed a playful smile, letting me know that he’s in for the plan.

     “Oh, Kellan!  You’re such a life saver!  But,” I frowned in confusion.  “How did you know I'm here?  I—I didn’t call you,” I said, flustered.

     “Haley called me up.  I'm a model for Calvin Klein, remember?  And she works for Klein so she has a contact.”

     Haley has probably read the note on her table.

     “I'm ready when you are,” he said with a smile.

     I breathed long and hard before saying “Ready" as firm as I could.

     He opened the door to the seat at the back of the limo and waited for me to get inside.  Once the vehicle was on the way, he turned to me.

     “So, what’s this all about?” he asked.  “I mean, are you going after Caleb?”

     “Yeah,” I said breathlessly.

     He watched the scene passing by his window as he spoke to me.  “I could help you."  He turned with a cheerful smile.  "After all, I played Daniel Lawson so there’s a huge chance that we’d end up on the same table as Caleb.”

     “Right,” I nodded, my mind turned completely into a block of brick.

     Kellan’s voice broke the anxious silence inside the car.  “And here we are.”

     I looked to his side of the window and felt my eyes bulge because I didn’t even remember that we filed into the long queue of limos.  I wasn’t able to prepare myself for this moment.

     Wow.  Was I that occupied?

     Kellan turned to me.  “Ready?”

     Before I could open my mouth, the door opened and I knew that it’s now or never.

     The cameras kept on flashing blindly as we walked the red carpet to the step-and-repeat.  On the other side of the red carpet backdrop, Caleb Princely flashed his perfect smile just like in every picture.  He glanced at my direction and did a double take.  We both gaped at each other until a reporter called his attention.

     After posing by the movie backdrop, I avoided the reporters as much as possible until I finally spotted Caleb.

     He made his way towards me, his eyes sparkling under the starry night.

     “How are you here?” he spoke, astounded.

     I wasn’t able to speak for a long time then, mustered up enough courage and spoke with tenderness.  “I just am.”

     As if no one was around, he slowly leaned in and touched his lips with mine that moved with his in perfect harmony.