World behind my eyes

Why is it, that the world behind my eyes, is so much more than the one I see in the light.

This world where my fear and anxiety thrive, where all my mind wants to do is die. 

Maybe if I sleep, I'll be back in the world where nothing is considered cheap.

Where love is free, and money is scorned.

The world in which my soul belongs.

Not the one that recreates generic songs.

But the world where a new beat hums.

Through my veins, my heart sings.

That's all inside my mind, the world I really live in is not kind.

Love is just hopeless adventures, that will leave your heart with sutures.

Why not just give up, go through this life like everyone else?

Living just to die, passing each day a general sigh.

There's no hope left, everything is all the same or broken, my heart is now a beaten token.

Left just like the rest of the trash on the street corners.

Lonely, and waiting to be picked up by someone who cares.

Someone who shares the same world behind my eyes.

No more lies, no more heartless goodbyes.

Another heart that wants to be fixed, not broken like a cheap glass mirror.

A rhythm that makes the darkness seem less quiet. A beat that will move my colorless interior.

There's a world behind my eyes, one where the music never dies. A world where we never say goodbye.

but that is non-existent, and you are marching to your own beat. So until I can make the journey to my perfect world, I'll just lay my head down to sleep.