Chapter 6 - Linger

🎵: Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
*****

2 weeks later

Jungkook tucked a stray strand of hair behind his ear. He turned his face from side to side, as he looked at himself in the mirror.

He looked good.

He pulled down his pastel pink oversized sweater further, before heading downstairs, quietly. There were still 10 minutes, but he headed out and waited on his porch anyway, after putting on his vans. He didn't want the doorbell to ring, because it would be too loud.

Soon enough, he saw a black car stop in front of his house. He smiled as he got up from his porch steps. Suga came up to him awkwardly, with his hands behind his back. He was wearing a black shirt, black jeans, and black shoes. His tousled white hair contrasted with his attire, but he still managed to pull it off, very well.

"Jungkook! Wh-why are you out here? It's still early, right?"

"Oh it's fine, I just wanted some fresh air."

"Oh ok, um-" Suga brought his hands from behind his back, to reveal a bouquet of red roses. He held it in front of him, towards Jungkook, but looked at the ground to hide his blush.

"Uh.. If you held these 10 roses and stood in front of a mirror you would see 10ofthemostbeautifulthingsin the world.." Suga rambled as he looked up, finally gathering courage, but then his expression changed to one of utter horror.

"Oh no no no no! Sorry! I messed up! I meant you would see 11 of the most beautiful things in the world!" He flushed pink as he tried to correct himself.

Jungkook blushed as he accepted the 10 roses.

The flowers reminded him of Taehyu- no, he wasn't going to think of him. He was going to enjoy his day with his friend, and that's that.

Suga awkwardly apologized once again. Jungkook smiled as he inhaled the sweet scent of the flowers.

"Thank you" He looked up at Yoongi.

"You're welcome. I meant to practice the line a few times before i knocked." he awkwardly explained, rubbing the back of his neck.

Jungkook laughed.

"Who gave you that idea?" His eyes crinkled as he smiled.

"Uhh... My sister."

Jungkook doubled over, laughing.

"Your-" "12 year old sister?" he said in between laughs.

"I just realised that was a stupid decision. I knew the flowers were too much."

"They're beautiful, Yoongi." Jungkook said seriously.

Yoongi looked at Jungkook in adoration.

"Let me keep them inside. Be right back!" Jungkook said quickly, not liking the atmoshpere, before he went up his porch steps and into his house. He placed the roses on his table.

He looked at the flowers, and he couldn't help but feel guilty for remembering Taehyung when he saw the bouquet Suga had given him...