Special Chapter 2 - Leather

♫: Sabrina Carpenter - Run & Hide

*****
-1 year ago-
*****

Hoseok walked through the door into his home. He had a smile on his face, which was a rare occurrence lately.

He placed his right hand on his chest, close to his heart, which was beating quickly.

"Hoseok?" 

His smile faded. He let his hand drop back down to his side. His mother came out from the darkness of the living room.

"Is there something you have to tell me?"

Hoseok felt uncomfortable under his mother's deadly stare. He knew he was in trouble. How did she know? Did she see them walking together outside? But they parted ways at the end of the lane.. there was no way.. unless she was watching from outside the house.

"No." He lied.

His mother shook her head in disapproval.

"Tsk tsk. I did not raise a liar."

Slap

Hoseok cupped his cheek with his hand. It stung.

"I told you to never associate yourself with those pathetic humans. And what do you do?"

Tears began pooling in his eyes, threatening to spill.

"Who would have ever thought of befriending their food."

If only she knew that they weren't just friends.

His mom walked back into the darkness of the living room. Hoseok trembled. He knew what was coming. His feet gave in, and he slid to the ground. His tears no longer stayed hidden.

She soon returned, holding a familiar strip of leather in her hands.

"You've been a bad boy."

Hoseok let out choked sobs.

"So what do you say..?"

"S..sorry."

His mother laughed sarcastically.

"Turn around."

Hoseok turned around, facing the door. He looked down at the tiled floor, observing the crack in one of the tiles, waiting for what was inevitably coming.

Whip.

"If only sorry changed things. Do you know what would happen if you get caught by other vampires? They could kill you. And I would support their decision to do so." His mother's voice dropped dangerously low. 

Hoseok back arched forward as his skin stung from the impact.

Whip.

Whip.

Whip.

The brunet whimpered. His back stung terribly, but he was used to it.

His mother knelt down next to her son. Hoseok slowly turned, facing his mother; hoping it was all over. She placed the back of her hand on the cheek she had slapped, caressing it.

"You know I don't want you to get hurt, right?"

Hoseok nodded reluctantly. It would hurt more for him to have to stay away from his lover than it would to suffer the consequences of doing so.

"You promise to cut off all ties with that human, right?"

He nodded once again, ever so slightly. 

"Good. If not, I'll kill that despicable creature myself." Hoseok set his jaw as he bit back his anger at the thought of his lover being hurt.

She smiled as she pushed her son's hair away from his forehead. "I love you." She said, placing a feverish kiss on his forehead.

He hadn't thought that it was possible to hate her more.

-----X-----

(I'm pretty sure every character in this book has an effed up life story.)

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)