Chapter 5. Confident

Vics POV

I get to my favorite coffee shop in the small town I call home and walk though the door, allowing the fresh scent of brewed coffee beans to attack me as I entered.

I ordered my cup of coffee... Yes I drink other things besides bourbon. I sit at my usual spot by the window and I whip out my phone to check my Instagram.

As I scroll I see the usual cat videos and pictures of my friends doing whatever the fuck they do everyday, but I just so happen to scroll across a picture of a familiar black haired and blue eyed kitten.

The picture was from the other night posted by a guy with the user @justinnfjk, whomever that is. It was in front of Tony's bar, the opening night to be exact.

Justin, i'm assuming is his name, was taking the picture with an enthusiastic expression as the kitten himself looked rather unhappy.

The caption read: Dragged this guy out with me tonight. It's about time he gets out of the house. He hates me, but he puts up with my sarcastic ass. @kellinquinn #TonysDrukenTurtle #LETSGETFUCKEDUP

I clicked on Kellin's name and started to look over his page, only seeing a couple of photos, but still I smiled at the pretty boy. I finished the last few sips of coffee and clicked the follow button.

I got up and started to walk out the coffee shop and down the street towards my new favorite hangout, Tony's Drunken Turtle.

As I turn the street corner, I see Kellin in the distance walking with someone. So I wrote my number on a little piece of paper and decided to do something a little slick.

I bumped into a taller figure as I was writing. I look up, only to be met with a pair of familiar blue eyes. I fold the piece of paper quickly and hold into my hand to hide it. I watch him as he starts to stutter as he stands there looking flustered. I grin as I greeted him "Hey Kitten."

As to what I thought Kellin was going to say something the guy standing next to him cleared his throat. "You gonna introduce me to your friend here?" I looked at him to get a better look noticing it was the dude from the photo. I watch as Kellin stumbles across his words as his friends sticks his hand out for me to shake.

"Hi I'm Justin. I'm the best friend plus roommate." I look at him skeptically but shook his hand anyway. "Oh uh. Hi I'm Vic." I answer hesitantly. I watch as Justin grabs onto Kellin's shoulders as he smiles.

"Well nice to meet ya Vic. Kell and I here are busy busy so we'll see ya around." As Justin drags Kellin away I called out "Well I'll talk to you later Kellin."

I continue to walk to Tony's bar as I think to myself. "That boy is always getting dragged around."

I get to the bar before all the alcoholics show up. I walk in seeing Tony behind the counter serving our friends Jack and Alex a drink.

Remember how I said before ALL the alcoholics get here, well Jack beat me here. I go to take a seat to strike a conversation with Tony.

"So I slipped my number into his pocket today." I smirk as I take a sip from my beer. Tony gives me a certain look and just sighed. "Didn't you just meet this boy? And since when did you have so much confidence?"

I motion my head over to Jack and Alex and Tony's lips just made O shape.

"You really think that boy is gonna text you back?" Tony laughs to himself as he cleans a few glasses.

"They always do Tone." I say with fake confidence.

"I'm not so sure about this one Vic." He says with doubt lacing his words.

"And what makes you think that?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I just saw him. He's not like the other guys I've seen walk into this place." He says giving Jack another drink.

"Exactly why. Watch, he'll text me in 3... 2... and 1." I start counting down with my fingers.

*ding* The sound of my phone going off actually surprised me.

"I don't know how you do it, How'd you know?" Tony shakes his head in disbelief and goes to take care of some usual customers that just walked in.

"That's the thing I didn't"

I take one more sip as I check my phone.

unknown number- Hey its Kellin

I smile to myself as I type a response.

Hey kitten ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------

So we suck.....

sorry for taking literally 20 years to update, but hopefully its worth it

hope you guys liked this little chapter of Vics pov, he'll come back every so often

well vote, comment, follow (only if you want to)

auf Wiedersehen 👋