Chapter 1: Im a what?!

A/N
DISCLAIMER: I do not claim ownership in any way shape or form over J. K. Rowlings Harry Potter series. I do not own characters, plot or setting. This is simply a work of fan fiction from my imagination that is not possible without the wonderful Harry Potter series created by J. K. Rowling. This is for entertainment only and is not part of the official story line. Again I DO NOT own the Harry Potter series or it's characters and plot.

This is my first fan fiction so feel free to let me know if I messed something up or have any errors. Enjoy!

----------------------
Hermione POV

"Hermione!" Called my mom from downstairs, "it's time to leave!"

Today was the day I leave for my first year of Hogwarts. Ever since I found out I was a witch life has been quite hectic. I've had to stay in the house in case I had a slip up with my magic for 2 months until school started up.

"Coming!" I called packing a few last things into my trunk and heading down the stairs.

"You ready honey?" My dad asked. I don't really look like either of my parents because I'm adopted-but we still have similar hair color and brown eyes- and I don't know who my biological parents are. "Ready!" I exclaimed as we headed to the car. As we neared the station I began to feel more nervous than excited. Thousands of questions and what ifs were running through my head. I had read Hogwarts: A History so I would be prepared but it didn't do any thing but create more questions, what if I get sorted into Slytherin? I mean a muggle born has never been sorted into there so they would surely hate me because of my blood status. Or what if I fail my classes? I've never failed and I don't plan on it.

I begin to see Kings Cross station out of the corner of my eye and the excitement starts coming back. I run through a list of things I needed to make sure I have everything -clothes, books, my uniform, and finally my wand- it's now or never I guess whisper to myself as I step out of the car. "What was that?" My mom questions "oh, nothing. Just thinking out loud" I reply faking my best reassuring smile.

When we reach platform 9 3/4 I say goodbye to my parents then grab my trunk and book bag as I run through the barrier entering the platform to Hogwarts. I look around at everyone around me feeling like less of an outcast and more like I belong. I head into the train and find an empty compartment near the front and stare out the window watching the other kids and their families wondering what it would be like to have two magical parents. My thoughts were interrupted by a boy holding a frog. "Are these seats taken?" "No" I replied seeing as it was quite obvious. "Can I sit here?" "Only if you tell me your name" " Neville" he replied as the toad jumps from his hands right out of the compartment. "Trevor!" he called. "Will you help me find him?" "No" "pllleeeaaaaasssseeee" "fine" I reply annoyed. The first compartment I ask is filled with two boys and A LOT of candy. "Have you seen a toad" I ask. "No" the red head replies while is mouth is stuffed with food. I ignore it the best I can. I recognize the other one as Harry Potter I walk up to him with my wand pointed at his glasses and mutter a charm to fix them "I'm surprised you didn't do it your self seeing as your the great Harry Potter, you do know how to do a spell right?" I receive a blank stare. I turn to the red head "you surely know how to do a spell am I right?" " my brother taught me one sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid, fat rat yellow" I laughed "did you seriously think that was a real charm? Nothing happened!" I say with a smirk as he processes his ignorance. I exit the compartment deciding to head to the back to see if he found his toad when I run into a wall which I soon realize is a person with bleach blonde hair and pale skin. "Watch where your going" I exclaimed. "Me?! How about you?" He replies irritated. "Wait who are you? I don't believe I've seen you before" he questions. "Hermione Granger. And you are?" "Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. I don't recognize the name are you a half blood?" "No, muggle born not that it matters". He rolled his eyes as he pushes past me. What his problem I wonder. As I head back to my compartment.

---------------------------

The nerves make their way back as we reach the castle wondering where I'll be sorted. (I know this is not the sorting order of the book but it will make more sense this way) Professor Mcgonagall steps up to a chair with a worn hat in her hand- the sorting hat I presume- and calls a few names that belong to people I don't recognize. "Harry Potter" she calls. He walks up to the stool and takes a seat looking scared. "Gryffindor!" The hat calls. Next is Ronald Weasley. Another Gryffindor. I hope I'm not stuck with them. "Draco Malfoy" the boy I ran into on the train steps up. The hat barely touches his head when it yells "Slytherin!" He goes and sits by a boy I recognize as Blaise Zabini. Next is Neville, another Gryfindor. "Hermione Granger" I walk up slowly and sit on the stool. Hmmmm.... very smart but cunning and brave... Ravenclaw or Gryffindor maybe? No... I know exactly where to put you the hat mutters. "Slytherin!" I jump down from the stool and walk over to the table where I sit by a girl named Pansy and A boy named Theo across from Draco and Blaise when my head starts throbbing. I clench my fists as my body tenses up. "You ok?" asks pansy. "Fine" I say and she turns back to the sorting ceremony to watch the rest.

--------------------
Blaise POV

"Slytherin!" The hat yells. I look to Draco shocked a muggle born was sorted into Slytherin. He stares back with the same disbelief. I notice she sits across from me when my head starts throbbing luckily no one notices. I see Pansy ask Hermione a question but I didn't hear what it was. I turn back to the ceremony hoping it will distract me from my headache.

--------------------

Hermione POV

As we head into the common room I decide to keep to myself when Pansy speaks to me again "it's rare you know. Being a muggle born in Slytherin I mean. It's been centuries since ones been in Slytherin." "Really? Then why are you being nice to me?" "I don't know. You just seem different. I like it." "Thank you."

-------------------
(The next morning)

"EEEEEKKKKKKKKKK!" I scream as Pansy comes running in to the our room. "Who are you?" "I'm Hermione! Why do I look different?" "We should get you to Snape and Dumbledore. They'll know what to do."

"Ah miss Zabini. I expected you would be seeing me." "Zabini?! I'm Hermione Granger!" "You are adopted am I correct?" I nod in response and he continues. "Well it seems your glamor charm has wore off showing your new identity." He hands me a mirror and I take a closer look at my self. I have now become slightly tanner, my hair a long straight dark chocolate brown, and my eyes deep blue. He continues to speak. "Your adoptive parents stole you when you were born because they could not have children and because they hated your parents for unknown reasons. The glamor was made to wear off when you were near your brother Blaise. You should of experienced a painful headache along with him. Your full name is Alessia Leigh Zabini, pureblood." I stared at him in disbelief. " so that's why I'm in Slytherin?" "Yes. We are sending for your brother and biological parents now. Your adoptive parents are being sent to Azkaban for their crimes if you would like to speak with them before." "I don't want to speak with them thank you though professor." I looked over to Pansy who was as shocked as I was when their was a knock on the door. "Alessia, these are your parents Maria and Carlo Zabini and brother Blaise." I run up and hug them as my mother starts crying tears of joy from finding me. Blaise just stands there not knowing who I am when my mother explains " Blaise, this is your younger sister Alessia Leigh Zabini. She was stolen and is now back. You are older by 12 minutes. Alessia, Your godfather is Severus Snape and we are very close friends with the Notts, Parkinson's, and the Malfoys." I stare at her awestruck. "We have a room for you at the manor and hope to see you there over Christmas. But in the meantime enjoy Hogwarts with your brother and friends. I hope that you will write to us. We will see you in 9 weeks. We love you two." As they floo back to the manor. I looked at Blaise and pansy and they both hugged me. Come on let's properly introduce you to every one.

-----------------------

A/N
Thank you for reading my first chapter! Sorry it's a little rough but please comment how you felt it went! Next chapter should be up soon! Thanks again! Don't forget to comment and vote.