16

Nothing exiting really happened while Jamie was over at the North Pole, just small talk and a few good laughs. I was actually so bored by the end of the day that I excused myself to the room until later so I could leave.
I waited for a good four hours, waiting to leave. I was soon able to distract myself by reading, writing, drawing and testing out my powers. I figured out that I also had a pet phenix named Maggie, she's really sweet but very protective of me. Well, that's what she told me. She flew around my room, leaving trails of Sparks and ash in the air behind her tail. Let's just say watching that trail could entertain someone for DAYS.
How I figured out she was my companion was she flew through my window, and than she talked to me, making the connection between us just 'click'. 
Once it was midnight, I asked Maddie to patrol around  the pole, and make sure that we were good to leave. Once the coast was clear and everyone was asleep I shifted into a phenix and flow out of the window with Maddie, flying towards the woods at a steady speed.
"Where are we even going?" Maddie squawked in an alarming tone.
"I just need to investigate something, it's really important to me." I said and dived down towards the cluster of trees, seeing the broken bed frame with my enhanced version.
I landed on the bed frame and looked down into the dark  endless pit.
"I'm going in myself. Just stay here and keep watch, ok?" I said once she landed.
"Well ok but-"
I shot down before she could finish her sentence, going straight down for what seemed like five minutes.
I smashed into the ground, not seeing the floor as it was pitch black all around me.
"Shit!" I yelled and turned human, rubbing my now broken nose in pain.
A deep, brutal, and might I add very sexy voice interrupted my pain, making me turn my head every which way to find the captor of the voice.
"Are you ok my dearest?"
"Uh... W-who are you?" Play it safe and act all innocent cuz DAYUM THAT IS HOT.
I nearly choked on air when I thought of what kind of body he would have.
"I'm your boyfriend, Pitch, Pitch Black?" I looked behind me and saw him, all the grey skin in glory. His golden eyes pierced my soul with anger, betrayal, and love. 
Is this some fifty shades of gray shit?
I stood up and backed away, his piercing glare wasn't putting any good vibes up on the menu.
"You know, since you left me I've been lonely. I want you to stay here with me, don't go back to those guardians, stay here with me. Think of what we could do with our powers. We could be unstoppable!" His voice started to raise with the rage, anger and want he was feeling.
"You don't have to leave me ever again! YOU DON'T HAVE TO HURT YOURSELF ANYMORE. JUST STAY WITH ME!! FOREVER."
I ran as fast as I could, my mind screaming "Danger" and "Caution."
Everything around me was dark and dim.
I ran into corners., walls and even tripped over my own feet. His dark voice and echoing footsteps threw me off, as it seemed like he was all around me.
"Please! I don't know what you want from me! Just leave me alone and let me live my life once again!" I yelled as I ran, shifting into a wolf and running faster, listening to the whispers around me.
"️You pathetic freak."
"I'm pathetic? Your the one begging for me to join your side, which I would never do!" I yelled and jumped over a huge crack in the floor, tripping over my paws at the last second.
I slipped and my jaw hit the ground, a loud snap from my teeth hitting each other making me howl in pain.
It seemed that the floor tilted slightly, and I started to slide back to the canyon I tried to avoid.
Nonononono!
I clawed at the cement ground, trying to hold myself up from falling into the pit of darkness, where Pitch was probably waiting.
My claws slipped and everything seemed to slow down.
The air turned cold in my back and my fur flowed very slowly along with the wind.
The tears of defeat escaped from my eyes and rolled off of my snout, falling into the air around me.
The fear I felt as my paw lost feeling of the floor, and tried clawing at the air in fright.
The feeling of my strained howl in the back of my throat as I slid, the fear and desperation clear as day to anyone's listening ears.
The fear of never seeing my family and friends again.
The fear of the darkness that surrounded my vision, clouding my thoughts.
The fear of what awaited me in the darkness below me.