26

I stood to race after him, but concluded that it would be a waste of time. He's gone.
But if what he said was true, that I could use this land scape for my advantage, than maybe I can find my way out of here.
I began trying new magic, going to the largest extent of my powers and probably sending myself over the edge.
For a whole twenty hours I worked nonstop, trying to find weak points like I did in the Jack illusion, and soon trying to tear the place apart just to get out.
He said that it was all fake, did that mean Loki was fake too?
I turned to look at the little fox, happily rolling in a pile of both snow and ash, getting his fur dirty. He then barked as a butterfly (which I sent to him) flew by his head, chasing after it for a bit before getting bored.
Nah, he's real.
As if sensing my inner turmoil, he got up and pranced towards me, his tongue lolling out of his snout. He ran around me for a moment and than jumped into my lap, nuzzling his nose into my neck.
I smiled and lied down, letting him lay on my stomach.
The clouds swirled together today, blocking the stars I most beloved from my view.
But I never tried fixing that.
I rose my hand and swiped at the air, as if I were waving smoke away from my face.
The hope to not look like an idiot dispersed as the clouds moved away quickly, leaving me a full view of the stars and galaxy.
I smiled and pointed out consolations to Loki, who was looking at the sky with his small eyes, filled with excitement and wonder. The stars shone in his eyes and I couldn't help but internally thank Pitch for letting me have control over my temporary prison.

When I was done Loki nuzzled up into me more, one arm beneath my head and the other over Loki and my stomach, petting his fur with my finger pads until I felt sudden sleep pull at my consciousness.

And then I was asleep.

When I woke up I wasn't where I had fallen asleep before.

As I looked around, the ceiling, walls and floor seemed to be made of rock. I almost thought I had been kidnapped, but than with a bit more of investigation I saw I was back in Pitch's lair.

The sound of echoed footsteps sounded from my right, bouncing off of the walls in the hallway and into the melancholy bedroom I sat in.

I scrambled to get up, but restrictions held me to the bed, keeping me from actually getting off of the bed, but I could sit up and stretch slightly. I just couldn't stand.

I felt the presence of Loki beside me on the ground, sleeping peacefully while a chain had been wrapped around his neck.

My head snapped back up as a knock sounded on the wall, Pitch's figure leaning in and looking at me with his luminous eyes. A small smirk played on his lips as he saw me, entering the room and sauntering over to the bedside.

"It seems you're awake darling." He kneeled down next to me with me, twirling a strand of my hair around his pointer finger.

I jerked my head away from him, looking at him with wide and confused eyes, slightly glaring.

"Why am I here? Is this real? You're not messing with me are you?!" I went to stand, but choked and fell back when I was pulled back into the bed by the chains around my waist and neck.

I fell back to try and release the tension around my neck, gasping as small tears filled my eyes.

Pitch chuckled and jumped on top of me, his hands wrapping themselves lightly around my neck while he looked deeply into my eyes, our noses centimeters apart.

His hands trailed form my neck to my jaw, than to my cheeks and under my eyes, wiping my tears away.

"No need to cry my dear, just a bit of precaution." He smiled, kissing my forehead and jumping off of me.

I looked at him with wide, and now angry eyes as he headed for the door. I tried to sit up once again, slowly this time as to not strain my windpipe(s?) again.

"What do you presume I'll do? Run away?!" I nearly shouted, somehow not waking the Fox next to me as I pulled against the chain around my neck again, growling angrily.

He sighed and pushed me back into the bed harshly with a feral look in his eyes. He was ready to snap, and I didn't care at the moment.

I opened my mouth to argue once again, but his fingers gripped onto my jaw and cheeks tightly, making sure I was facing him.

"You will not defy me any longer, I am your master, and you in these chains, on my bed, in my home, proves that damn fact." He growled, pushing my head into the pillows beneath me.

I yelped when he did so, tugging at the chains on my ankles, trying to get away from him.

"You- you said you loved me! That you don't want to hurt me!" Tears welled up in my eyes again when he glared at me, a sign to show I wasn't safe.

He ignored me and stood, making sure to slam my arms on the bed beside my head to make a point.

"You'll have your friends visit you later, I'll make sure you look presentable." He sneered, looking over my torn shorts and brandished hoodie.

I furrowed my brows, a low growl leaving my throat.

"What the hell happened to you?!" The chain around my neck became tighter, so I was forced to lay down and stare at the ceiling as my breathing became labored.

"I became better." He growled, exiting the room and leaving me in darkness.