The death of mom

It was a Saturday, the sun was out and shining brightly. Mom had taken me out with her to her work. I sat on a bar stool watching a suspicious man. This man in particular wore all black clothing, and he looked really nervous. I can see a group across the street in a dark alley watching. The man walked up to mom who was at the cash register, and he lifted up a gun at mommy's head.

"Mommy!" I yelled. The man who held the gun up hesitated, but pointed the gun at me.

"Give me the money or he dies." The man choked out. I got off the stool, running at him knocking the gun out of his hand.

"Leave my mommy alone!" I screamed.

I can feel the ground tremor. He backed away quickly and picked the gun up. He pointed at me, and I was shot in the arm. The police arrived as I fell to the ground. I know people have been recording this. The police came and arrested the guy who kept apologizing. Mommy ran to me and held my hand.

 She kept saying calming things. I didn't care how hurt I am, I was glad I protected my mommy. Paramedics came and took me with my mom riding in back. An officer also rode with us. He started asking questions. Mom answered him with a small smile looking at me. When we arrived I was taken out, they took the bullet out and cleaned it before wrapping it. They released me giving me a sucker and to be specific it was blue!

Any ways, when we got home I saw mom being slapped for tardiness. And when mom went to the kitchen smelly gave me the look saying 'your going to get it'. I quickly went to my room and closed the door. But as soon as I did I heard moms scream pierce the air.

I ran out to see smelly Gabe stabbing her over and over. I was frozen in Shock. Blood was everywhere. The walls and the cabinets were splattered in blood. The still bloody knife was in smelly Gabe hand. Moms body laid unmoving, her mouth gapped open blood pouring out of her mouth. Her glazed opened eyes  stared back at me asking me 'why didn't you help me?'. 

He looked up to see me he smirked.

"If you tell anyone about this , you'll be next." He said.

I quickly ran to my room and cried. I got out my journal that mom got me two years ago. It's stuffed with drawings and my feelings.

I drew an eye crying, my tears falling landing by the sketched tears

I drew an eye crying, my tears falling landing by the sketched tears. I write down my feelings and why I feel that way. I wrote down what happened today, when I heard footsteps coming I hid my journal. It's going to be hell, mommy is not hear to protect me anymore.

(Edited 10/3/2017)