chapter two

i hurry tyson to his classroom so he doesn't become late. he sits in his assigned seat and starts talking with little kids his age around him. the teacher saunters towards me grinning.

"i heard some students talking about tyson. they appear to be thrilled to see him." she said and i grin.

my tyson.

"please make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." i say and she chuckles.

"i don't think i'll have an issue with that. he seems to be getting along with his peers. have a good day mrs. waters." she says grinning at me.

"ms. waters." i correct her.

"i apologize about that ms. waters, it was nice meeting you." she gave me a quick nod.

i thank her and i exited the building. i stroll to my car as my heels clank against the pavement. i hop inside and my phone suddenly rang.

george

george is my lawyer and we've been trying our best to keep tyson under my roof and find tysons birth dad. i pick it up. "hello?"

"hey malia, i dont know if this is good news or not but we found him." i furrow my brows.

"him? whos him?" i question.

"ethan, ethan dolan. tyson's birth father." george replies with a shaky breath.

"what? well, may i speak to him soon?"

"hes currently in jail, malia." george explains and i sigh.

"in jail? what did he do?" my hands were becoming sweaty.

"apparently they found him in a alley in new york, he was selling drugs." he says.

"he's a drug dealer? the court wouldn't allow him to take tyson, right?" i question. my hands feel like a fucking waterfall.

"well no, but he's stating that he's not a drug dealer. unless he as proof he isn't, he's allowed to take tyson away from you." george says and my mouth drops.

"well i'd like to speak to him real soon. im keeping tyson." i demanded.

"the police aren't allowing any visitors until he calms down for a bit. so you're going to have to hold on for a bit." he explains to me.

"thank you for calling, george."

"have a good one malia!" i then hung up.

i began to drive to my friends house, sam. she's the only one who stayed with me after high school. the school was filled with snakes, and i'm glad sam wasn't one of them.

i park my car in her driveway and shut the door. i stomp towards her front door and knock three times. i hear the door being unlocked and there stood sam.

"hey sweet cheeks! come on in." she greets me with a beaming smile.

i laugh at her nickname she gave me. "hey sam."

"so how's my little ty?" sam asks. sam and tyson are really close to each other.

"everyone seemed to be excited to see tyson! i'm so happy for him, he's making friends!!" i say smiling widely.

she gasps. "aw, well he's a sweet, caring little child. he deserves it!"

i sigh. "they found his birth father though."

she looks at me. "what? is he gonna take him away?"

i shrug. "i don't know. apparently he sold drugs in new york, but he's stating that he isn't a drug dealer."

she gave me a confused look. "so he won't take him away?"

"nope, unless he has proof that he didn't sell drugs." i say.

sam raises her eyebrows. "wow."

"that was my reaction too." i fiddle with my acrylic nails.

"let's hope ty stays with you." she says rubbing my shoulder, comforting me.

"let's hope."

hope you guys are enjoying this book so far! like comment and follow if you haven't already!

more votes/comments = faster updates !

twitter: flatteredolans

💛