Part 1

"She's what?" I asked swallowing the tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"She's having my child Florence." He said, no regret dragging in his voice.

"How is it you allowed this to happen?" I asked anger now laced deep within my  voice. "What are you thinking?! You can't allow her to do this!"

"It wasn't planned Florence. And I owe you no explanation, you perfectly know why you're here."

"I'm not looking for an explanation Aaron, I'm trying to find a solution to your little mistake. Haven't you even considered what others will say? I will not allow a bastard child to enter my marriage not now, not ever." I said with a firm voice.

" I'm not concerned about anyone's or your thoughts darling, that child is mine and I plan on taking full responsibility. You know very well you are welcome to leave whenever it is you please"

"And leave you the money you stole from my family, no thank you. You're wrong if you think that a little bastard is going to take away what is rightfully mine." I said spinning on my heel getting ready to leave.

He spun me around to face him grabbing my arm in a firm hold.

"I think nothing more of this situation than what it is Florence.  And neither will you . Am I understood?"

"Of course. I've always understood haven't I?" I said sarcasm mixed within my voice.

***

I knew I should've cried, yelled or done something more. But I wouldn't.

I would never allow myself to do such a thing. I had been taught to be smarter.

My life's foundation depended on morals, reputation, and class. I was taught to keep myself together. My only duty was to stand smiling by my husband's side. No matter what happened, I were to stand there like a loyal dog. Accepting what was and what would be.

Never to question, never to wonder.

I did however allow myself to wonder once in awhile how the young girl from my past would react.

Would she have ran? Yelled? Cried?

Would she stand up for what she 'believed' was correct?

Would she be spilling silent tears like I was? Or would she be yelling from the pain my heart was in.

I guess I would never really know. That young naive girl was gone. She had not seen light of day in years and she would never see light of day again.

I would never allow myself that pleasure again.