-08-

“So… why is this place abandoned?” Jonathan looks up at the giant, old building, with worn down blue walls and vines growing all over it. It didn't look all that bad on the outside. If anything, it reminded him of the little choir room, off in it's own little worn down building. And the choir room was actually really pretty on the inside, if he was being honest with himself.

He stares up at it for a moment, taking everything in, then looks over to the others for an explanation.

“Well… there's a number of reasons. Or, rather, nobody knows. There's just a bunch of rumours,” Evan says thoughtfully. “Some say that there was a murder here, that someone died in some freak accident they never bothered to clean up.”

Tyler scoffs. “That's a stupid one. I liked the one about the kids who summoned a demon or something like that, and made the entire building haunted. Like, what kinda freaky shit is that?!”

Brian rolls his eyes and walks up to the door. “I heard something about a bunny monster going on a rampage. But, then again, I heard that one from some kid who was high out of his fuckin’ mind.”

Jonathan grins, pushing past Brian and grabbing the doorknob. “Well, there's only one way for us to find out, huh? C'mon guys, let's get exploring!” He attempts to open the door, but finds that it's locked. Groaning in frustration, Jonathan stomps back to Tyler's side.

“Hah, you dumb bitch, what made you think the door to an abandoned building is open?! Come on, Brian said there were some windows over here that might be open.” Tyler leads them all around to the back, where a few, small windows are there. One of them is slightly ajar, cracked open just enough for someone to squeeze through.

“Well… I'm not gonna fit through that window at all,” Evan sighs. “And Tyler won't be able to get through either, now that I look at it.”

Brian shrugs. “Alright then. Me and Jon will slip on through, then we'll open up the front door for you guys. Come on, water boy, let's get goin’ now,” he says. Brian leads Jonathan over to the window, where Evan and Tyler help them squeeze in through the open window.

“Ow, fuck,” Jonathan hisses. He stands up, rubbing his head where it hit the floor. “The floor is really fucking hard for a damn dorm.”

He stands up, and looks around the room curiously. It looks like they broke into some kind of laundry room. There are old washers and dryers all around the room, and the occasional shirt or sock lying on the floor. There's also a good layer of dust on everything in the room, and no light other than whatever filters in through the small windows.

“Creepy,” Brian murmurs. “Who would've thought we would be scared of some old wank sock, huh?” Brian kicks at a stray sock on the floor, giving a dismissive grunt.

“It don't matter right now. Let's go figure out where the front door is so we can open it, then we get Tyler and Evan to protect us.” Jon begins to walk along, gazing around at his surroundings.

Brian is close to follow, though he seems to be just as uneasy as Jon does. He can't blame the guy, though, because this place was kinda freaky. They wander up to the front door, and try to pry it open. The doors were unlocked, so why won't it open?

“What the fuck?” Brian laughs nervously as he pulls on the door. “Why won't it open, Jonathan? This isn't gonna turn into some horror movie, right? Is the building really that old?”

“I don't know! Why- why can't Tyler just break the damn door down?! Isn't he strong enough to break it?!” Jonathan begins to look around nervously.

If the door doesn't open, then they have no way of getting back out. The window they came in through was too high up for them to reach on their own. Even if one helped the other out, they would end up with one person still stuck inside. Why did this stupid old building have to have such high ceilings?

Jonathan was about to make some kind of call for help, but instead something small and shiny catches his eye in the hallway.

Without thinking, Jonathan goes off to grab it. It's nothing special, sadly. Just some shiny little button, one in a pretty nice shade of green. It looks like it belongs to some fancy shirt or uniform. He picks it up and examines it a little closer. It sparkles in the light from certain angles, and-

BANG!

Something loud sounds somewhere else in the dorm, making Jonathan yelp and freeze in place. What the fuck was that?

He stares down in the direction of the sound, then back to where he had left Brian.

Was it really a good idea to go after the sound? Probably not, but what if something cool came out of it? He would never know if he didn't go after it!

With his newfound resolution, Jonathan starts off in the direction of the sound. It sounded like it had come from somewhere upstairs, so he heads up the first staircase he finds.  

It takes a bit of poking around in the ancient building, but he finally comes to the place he determines the source of the noise. A box had fallen off of a shelf that collapsed. That was okay. Nothing else seems like it would cause such a racket, so this had to be it.

He takes a step or two forwards, a concerningly loud creaking noise sounding with each step he takes. Jon can't quite tell what it is, but something feels wrong about all this. Something felt off.

But he pays it no mind, and continues on to the strange box. He's just barely got a hand on it when the floor gives a loud, dying groan, and then the floor collapses right under Jonathan's feet.

He screams out loud, landing on the ground covered in dust and rubble. Unharmed, but also unhappy. He's even more unhappy when the box falls and lands on his head because it hurts.

Evan is the first to come running. He quickly pushes bits of rubble off of him, and then pulls him up. “Oh god, Delirious, are you okay?”

Jonathan says nothing, just stares up at the ceiling. He blinks once or twice, feeling a little dizzy. That box probably hurt him more than the actual fall did.

“Dammit, Delirious,” Tyler starts, throwing an arm around his shoulders, “Your fat ass broke the entire floor! Jesus Christ dude, how are you not hurt?”

Brian picks up the box, then gives Jonathan a small glare. “You fuckin’ dick, Jonathan! Don't fuckin’ run off on me like that, y’know you had me freaking the fuck out cuz’ I thought I lost you, but no! You focking wandered off like a little twat and-”

“Brian, chill. I'm sure he didn't mean to,” Evan says softly. He smiles slightly at Jonathan and then pats his back. “He was just exploring. Isn't that what we came here to do?”

Brian stares at the both of them, then groans in defeat. “I mean, I guess? I just- oh, fucking nevermind. What's in the box, Tyler?”

“I don't know. You wanna find out?” Before anyone can answer, Tyler grins and rips the box open. And from the box, falls a small grey stuffed animal. A rabbit, to be specific.

Brian is clearly unsatisfied by this. They all are, actually. Jonathan stares down at it, then groans loudly. “Fuck! I risked my damn fucking life for a fucking bunny?! I could've died!”

Evan laughs as he picks it up, brushing some dust off of the fur. “Hey, come on guys. It’s kinda cute. Come feel how soft the fur is,” he insists, holding the bunny out to the others.

They all crowd around it, running their hands over the small, soft bunny. Jonathan, without thinking, snatches the bunny out of Evan's hand and smacks Tyler with it. “Oh no, oh god! The bunny is rabid! He's going crazy, oh nooo!”

Tyler yanks it out of Jon's hands and holds it up in the air. “Don't make me send you another floor down,” he warns. “I can break this floor with my fucking nose if I wanted to.”

Jonathan thinks for a moment, then looks over at Evan and Brian. He then grins, takes the bunny, and then he runs off as fast as he can. “Can't hurt me if you can't catch me, bitches!”

--
hey hey hey!!!! its bryces birthday today so have an update.

also if y'all have any questions about the story (because shit is kinda all over the place right now) dont be afraid to ask me okay??? Im like 4 inches tall you could easily kick my ass