-20-

yall,,, idk when the 8k happened but thanks??? I started this book in January on a pure whim of stupidity and 0 self control, it means a lot that y'all are reading this!!! Do yall want something special for 10k??? Idk how i would do it but i can try of course
<3<3<3<3<3<3 ily guys

--

“Are you gonna raise the dead?” Luke crosses his arms sternly, glaring at his boyfriend. “Because if you're gonna be raising the dead, I want no part in it.”

Ryan snickers, coming up to Luke and kissing his cheek lovingly. “No, Toonzy. I'm just… well…”

“You're just gonna casually revive some spirits or shit, aren't you? You know I'm not down for this shit.” Luke narrows his eyes. He's onto Ryan's bullshit.

The lights flicker and go out, the lampposts around the edge of the graveyard going dark. Bryce, from somewhere else in the cemetery, gives a small gasp of “oh, whoops.”

Luke forms a small flame in his hand, holding it up for light. “Brycey? What did you do?”

“I thought I found a cute snake! But it's just a weird string. I think I pulled a wire or something.”

“Okay, okay, okay, just look at what I'm about to do!” Ryan laughs excitedly as he runs over to a small bench, standing up on it and waving his arms around like a crazy man. There's some chanting from Ryan as he continues waving his arms around in some strange, probably meaningful motions, and then there's the soft glow of some kind of spirit rising from the ground. And then another, and another, and another, and then Luke's feeling mildly unsettled.

“Alright y'all, I've had fun today with y'all, but sadly I think it's time for me to- oh FUCKITY FUCK!” Luke shrieks as a weird spirit thing flies in front of him, extinguishing his little flame and successfully scaring the shit out of him. He jumps back with a panicked cry and swats at it. His hand goes straight through it, the spirit cackling and his boyfriends laughing along with it.

Luke huffs and crosses his arms sternly. “A’ight you stupid little ghosty BITCH. Listen the fuck up here ‘cuz I ain't havin’ any of ya damn shit! You get the fuck back to whatever dirty grave you came from you smelly motherfucker-”

“Shhh…” Bryce is covering Luke's mouth with his hands, vines easily wrapping around Luke's fists and pulling them down to his sides. “Don't be so rude to them, Luke. That's how horror movies begin.” He smiles sweetly at Luke, as if this is common knowledge.

Ryan steps in between them with a grin. “Wanna see something cooler? Brycey, give me a flower.”

Bryce’s smile grows bigger as he whips a flower out of nowhere and holds it out for Ryan. “What, are you gonna possess it?”

“Stop giving away my plans, Bryce! I'm trying to impress you guys here!” Ryan yells at Bryce loudly, no real malice in his voice. They all laugh as Ryan somehow guides a spirit into the flower. The flower proceeds to shrivel up and die in Bryce’s hand, making them gasp in surprise.

Luke, being Luke, isn't having any of this. He struggles and wiggles around in his plant cage, but Bryce has him held down tight.

“Ryan! What did you do?!”

“I guess the spirit didn't like the flower,” Ryan laughs. “Luke, give me some light.”

“I can't! Someone fuckin’ tied me up!” Luke forms a small flame in his hand, ready to burn up the vines surrounding him. And he's about to do it, only the angry former-flower spirit flies straight into the fire and takes it away into the wind as if it was nothing.