-19-

the song is 30000% unrelated, it's jsut what i listened to while writing this for an hour straight.

“Oh my gosh, oh gosh oh gosh oh gosh,” Bryce gasps out. He feels impossibly guilty for what he's done. He continues to pace back and forth, feeling light headed and panicky.

Would Ryan be mad? Probably. Luke would be mad at him for being so reckless. Jon would scold him and surely the others would do the same. What was he even thinking?! Bryce looks down at the strange, broken object at his feet. He had been running around Ryan's secret hideout with Luke. They had decided to leave, because it was getting late, and Bryce had seen some cool ceramic cat sitting on a shelf. It had some funky hat on, and was winking.

Bryce, being the adamant cat lover he is, had picked it up to examine. But… then he drops it. And worse, it breaks!

He had, in a panic, picked up the pieces and shoved them into the pockets of Luke's hoodie, which he was wearing. And now he has them on the floor of his bedroom and is panicking hardcore.

The door opens, and Evan bursts in, gasping for breath. “Bryce! What the fuck?!”

“What?! It's- it's not my fault!  I didn't mean to break it, I-”

“No!” Evan gives him an exasperated look. “Jonathan's in the fucking hospital! We were looking for you, dammit! Ryan's worried as fuck!”

“Sorry, sorry,” Bryce says, feeling mildly guilty. “Is he okay?!”

“I don't know,” Evan laughs weakly. “I was just told to come bring you. Come on.. We'll go find out together.”

--

Jonathan wakes up to immense pain in his arm, head and ear. He stares up at the ceiling for a few seconds before promptly screaming in pain as something touches his arm and pushes it hard, a loud cracking noise made.

“Shhh…” A nurse lady quickly shushes him. Jonathan squirms and wriggles and struggles in her grasp. “Goodness. Someone get us Anastasia!”

There was a lot of yelling and talking going on in the room, and then a familiar voice going, “Don't you mean anesthesia?”

“No,” the nurse says nonchalantly. “I mean Anastasia.”

The door opens, and a new lady is standing over Jonathan. She smiles warmly and takes off a single glove. Jonathan is momentarily concerned about the fact that, you know, this is kinda unsanitary, but then she presses the palm of her hand to Jon's forehead and he's asleep again.

This time, he wakes up to Evan. It's becoming a regular thing, he's noticing, and he's not opposed to the idea. It wouldn't be so bad waking up to Evan every morning…

“I think the sleep confused him,” Evan says, turning towards someone. He hears a familiar giggle and blinks in confusion. He can't move his body for some reason, because he tried to move his arm (to scratch his nose) and nothing happened.

“I… I can't.” Jonathan realizes quickly his voice is hoarse and throat dry. It feels weird to speak.

Evan gives a breathy laugh. “Can't what?”

“Move.”

“Oh,” Evan giggles. “Bryce, let go of his arm.”

He feels the pressure on his arm go away, and still can't move it. Jonathan whines loudly at this. “I caaan’t… my nose itches!”

“I think he's still out of it,” he hears Bryce say. “How much pain meds did they give him?”

“Enough to cover the pain of fixing a broken arm and healing it with magic.”