Chapter 4

Picture of Bonnie's apartment building up top!

Bonnie's P.O.V

"You have a new trainee at noon," Jim informed me over the phone.

"Alright," I responded casually as I pulled out my gym clothes from the small worn down dresser in my room.

"It's Ace King," he says expectantly, but my mind comes up blank.

"Never heard of him."

"Girl! What world are you living in! He is only the heir to one of the largest hotel companies in the world, King Corp!"

"Oh, I still have no idea," I tell him, pulling on a pair of black shorts.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'll see you later, kid," Jim tells me before hanging up.

I pull the phone away from my ears and drop it down on my crappy twin sized bed with a sigh. I didn't mind training people how to defend themselves, in fact, I loved it. It was just not a very well paying job and took a lot out of me, plus, I also had to dance at Sin City.

Even with full seven hours of sleep, I didn't feel well rested. I know seven hours is not the healthy amount, but it's the best I can do with my lifestyle.

I quickly pull on another muscle tank top with Jim's Gym written on it, before grabbing my phone and duffle bag. I check to make sure all of my gear is in my bag, before grabbing my keys and heading out of my room, well, it was really a studio. I locked the door behind me and quietly made my way through the hallways, not wanting to anger the awful neighbors.

They were an evil older couple, but also a favorite of the landowner, so they often complained about the simplest things, getting me into trouble. I knew only a few more complaints from them, and I was going to end up homeless.

With a sigh of relief, I stepped out of my worn down three level apartment building. The sun was just coming up, setting a pinkish glow to the now light blue sky. It was beautiful.

But of course, like all beautiful things, it had to be ruined by the obnoxious car running past me, honking his horn and blaring music. He had zoomed straight through a puddle, but I had quickly dodged.

"Asshole,"I mutter under my breath before starting the long walk towards Jim's Gym.

***

Noon came by too fast. I had just finished up with my last trainee, and let me tell you, he was not happy. I may or may not have landed a few hard punches on him...okay, maybe a lot.

In my defense, he was checking me out and I hated that.

He also thought that since I was a girl I was inferior and incapable of training him how to fight. I mean, come on dude. You are the one that needs lessons, not me.

I showed him though.

The chime on the front door alerted me to a new arrival. I looked up from unwrapping my fists, only to see a mob of black curly hair and crystal blue eyes at the door.

It was the Blue Eyed Beauty from the club.

What was he doing here? He was big and muscular and didn't seem like he needed much training, so why was he even here? I guess is was time to find out.

His blue eyes finally spotted me and...did they light up? I pushed the thought aside and waited for him to come over before speaking.

"You here for self defense at noon?" I asked, making sure he wasn't just here for his own workout.

"Yeah, I'm Ace," he says extending his hand out towards me.

I raise an eyebrow at him questioningly. When he didn't answer my unasked question, I spoke up.

"Why are you here? Did you come looking for me?"

"So conceited..." he smirks at me, but I just glare at him, making it drop off from his face. "Fine, Sky told me."

"Why? Did you ask about me? Other men have done that before but she has never told them. Why are you different?" I question suspiciously.

"I don't know. So..." he smiles, clapping his hands together with a smile on his beautiful face. "Where should we start?"

"Do you have any experience in fighting, or at least, and self defense?"

"Babe, look at me. Of course I know how to fight,' he says, gesturing towards his body.

"Then why are you even here?"

"Because I want to get better, duh. Now let's start," he smirks.

Oh he has no idea what he's in for.

***

"You're cheating," Ace groans from the floor, clutching his ribs.

"There is no cheating in self defense. In a real life situation, you playing dirty could mean life or death. Now get back up and try again, this time, block your weaker side, and stop dropping your hands. You need to protect your head the most."

"What about my balls?"

"Huh?"

"Shouldn't I protect them more?" he questions, as he gets back up off the ground.

"What balls?" I smirk, making him glare at me. With a sigh I give him actual advice. "If you're fast enough, you should be able to block any oncoming blows. Here I'll show you, throw some hard punches at me," I order, motioning for him to come at me.

He gives me a skeptical look, but obliges, throwing a right hook at my face. I easily dodge it and his left fist comes to slam into my wrist, but I nock it away with my forearm. Of course it stung a little, but you had to suffer small doses f pain to keep the majority of it away from you.

Ten minutes later, ace had only landed one successful punch to my ribs. He was strong, I'll give him that, but he relied too much on brute force. He needed to be quicker on his feet and better and dodging and blocking. I told him so, and he actually listened to me.

"So how long have you worked here?" he asks as we take a seat at one of the benches for a small water break.

"About five years, since I was nineteen," I tell him.

"So what got you into fighting? How long have you been at it?"

"Stay out of my personal life," I snap at him with a hard glare.

He eyes me suspiciously, but then gives a hesitant nod, taking a long sip from his water.

I responded too quickly. He knows something happened, or that I'm just really closed off, but it didn't matter. That was all he knew and was ever going to know.

I wasn't going to get close to him or tell him anything about myself. Our relationship was strictly trainer and trainee.

"So I'll come back tomorrow at the same time?"