Chapter 26

Bonnie's P.O.V

The next two months passed in a blur. Ace was always around me, making sure I was comfortable or nothing hurt. He rarely ever left my side. I wasn't allowed to work, which was one of the hardest things in life, because I loved to work, but Ace made it bearable.

His mother didn't bother us anymore and Marcus came over every once and a while to hang out with his son and check up on me. A few times Mel came over, trying to get me to go shopping with her, but I am not a shopper so I had to decline, sadly...

My relationship with Ace was getting much better after that night in the alley, since we've been spending more time together and have come to trust each other a lot more. I've opened up to him fully and in return he's sweet and understanding, telling me things about himself growing up that made me laugh.

Most times, I would be jealous of other people's happy lives, but right now, I was so happy with Ace, that when he told me stories of his childhood, all I felt was happiness at listening.

In the past two months, I think we have watched Beauty and the Beast over a thousand times. Ace even knows all the words now also. That's are fun Disney movie, but we also watch a lot of horror movies.

As much as I love spending time with Ace, though, I'm getting tired of sitting in the house doing nothing. I've had to do a few exercises to help the wound heal properly, but still, I feel like a couch potato. Ace assures me that I haven't gained any weight, but I'm pretty sure I have, he doesn't even let me run on a tread mill!

He's so over protective, but I wouldn't dare change him, because it's his crazy ass that decided to love me and my fucked up heart that returned the affection.

"Hey Princess, what are you thinking about?" Ace murmurs into my hair as he wraps his arm around my waist, running his hands over the raised scar under my shirt.

It has fully healed, but he's still over protective and worried I'll do something to the already sealed wound!

"About how happy I am," I smile and turn in his arms to face him, watching how his curly black hair spills onto the pillow as he smiles at me.

"I love you, baby" he whispers, coming in closer and pecking my lips.

"I love you too, Ace," I smile against his lips, pulling him even closer as I thread my fingers into his silky black hair.

+++

"Where are we going?" I ask Ace as he hauls me out of the car.

Looking around, it seems we are in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night. There are dark trees all around us lit up only by the full moon and stars.

"You'll see," he says with a shaky voice, while his hand clenches mine tightly.

"What's wrong, Ace?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing. Come on," he assures me, before tugging me after him.

We had just finished watching Deadpool when he practically forced me into the car with him and drove off. He didn't even give me time to change. I was wearing a pair of mini black shorts and a baggy gray shirt of Ace's. I didn't even have a bra on!

"Close your eyes," Ace whispers, pulling me to a stop.

"Why? It's so dark out here."

"Just trust me," he pleads, pecking my lips before pulling a blindfold from his back pocket.

"You came prepared," I muse, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, of course, now shush," he smirks at me before gently tying the blindfold around my eyes.

Everything went black and the only thing that kept me from tripping was Ace's gently hands guiding me through the terrain. After what must have been fifteen minutes, we stop.

I hear Ace take a deep breath before the blindfold comes off. The sigh in front of me takes my breath away and caused my eyes to burn.

There was a pathway of lights, leading up to a well-lit gazebo with a small fire pit in the middle, while lights flickered beautifully around the gazeebo, illuminating the flowers around it.

"Happy birthday, Princess," he whispers from behind me, kissing my neck as his arms come to wrap around my waist.

"How...how did you know when my birthday was?" I ask, placing my hands on his muscled arms that were wrapped around my waist.

"I had my private investigators look it up since Sky didn't know it. Why didn't you ever tell me when your birthday was?"

"It's never came up," I shrug with a smile, squeezing his hands. "I love you Ace. You know my heart already belongs to you, you didn't have to go out of your way for me," I say, turning around in his arms to face him.

"I know, but your my girl, and Bonnie, my soul purpose in life is to make you the happiest person in the world," he says, before letting me go and taking a step away from me to drop down onto his knee.

I gasp, covering my mouth with my hand as he smiles up at me, pulling something out of his back pocket. I see the black velvet box and then it's flicked open and the most beautiful ring is sparkling back at me.

It was a beautiful gold ring with very detailed gold vines wrapping around part of it, with tiny sparkling diamonds throughout the gold leaves. At top, there was beautiful clear diamond, gleaming up at me.

"Bonnie I know we've only been together for a few months, but it feels like a lifetime. I don't want to go another day without you being mine, and even though I know you are, I need everyone else to know to. Bonnie I love you more than I've ever loved anything in the entire world, no, the entire universe. You're everything to me and I love you so damn much, so Bonnie Marcin, will you do me the great honor of marrying me and becoming my wife?"