Chapter 7

Picture of Bonnie as a teen during her nightmares!

Bonnie's P.O.V

I have no idea what demon possessed me to accept Ace's offer. I never take charity from anyone, I can do everything on my own. I can take care of myself, yet, I let Ace offer me a deal, a very unfair deal on his part, and worst of all, I accepted! The thought mulled over in my head as I lie in the comfiest bed of my life, staring at the dark ceiling.

I was actually glad for my overactive brain, because I keeps me from sleeping. I hate sleeping and everything that goes with it, but of course, I can't run on no sleep, so me, being the wimp I am, fall asleep with Ace's deal in my mind.

***

No! Mommy, please don't leave me!" I cry to my mother who was trying to pry my tiny hands off of her leg.

She keeps whispering at me to stay quiet or leave her alone, but I don't listen, I can't be left alone with HIM!

"Get off!" my mother shrieks in desperation, throwing me off her, to the tile ground.

I hit the back of my head on the white tiles and start to cry, but my mother ignores me. my head throbs and a small trickle of blood drips down the nape of my neck as I sit back up, staring at my mother with blurry vision. She rushes out of the house, slamming the door shut behind her. The lock clicks shut and I am left all alone in the house, waiting for HIM to come back home!

***

I let out a cry of pain as my head hits the dry wall, breaking a whole in the wall. Blood drips from my temples, onto my face, leaving some of it on the damaged cream walls.

I am violently yanked back by my hair and slammed back into the wall as I let out another sob. My knees give out from under me and I fall to the ground, attempting to curl myself into a ball, but of course, HE doesn't let me.

I stare up into the dark, angry eyes of my father as he glares down at me, his hands bruised from beating me, and clenched into tight fists. His foot strikes out and connects with my ribs, causing a loud crack to sound throughout the lonely house.

Tears fall freely down my face, mixing with my blood. I hate myself for being so weak, for showing him my pain, but I can't hide it all forever. I look up and find my father gone. I let out a sigh of relief as I collapse back against the wall, but my relief is short lived, as soon as I hear his footsteps approaching.

I see his massive muscular figure coming out form the kitchen, a silver knife clutched tightly in his hand, a beer bottle in the other. I scurry away from him, hitting broken bottles and old cigarettes in my desperation, but the throbbing in my head and burning in my sides stops me, allowing him to easily reach me.

He crouches over me a sick smile on his face as he gently places the edge of the knife on my cheek and dragging it down without breaking the skin.

"Let's have some fun, shall we," he smirks, before I can feel the first slice go into my collarbone.

***

I stare at the gun in my father's hand as he messes with it, taking a sip of his beer bottles. I'm stronger now, I can take him.

I can still feel the pain from my last beating, which was a whipping from his leather belt last night. My back had been destroyed and I had to apply salve and bandages to it.

I could maybe catch him off guard. I can't live like this anymore. I can't sit and cry as he beats me. I need to be strong, I need to take care of myself and get away from him. It has been nine years since my mother left me and eleven years since the abuse started, for the both of us. Luckily, for my mother, she managed to get away, but she left me with HIM.