Chapter 21

A picture of "angry" Bonnie up top!

Ace's P.O.V

"You fucking asshole!" Kayden yells, slapping me in the back of the head, hard.

I wince and rub it, but don't respond. I just finished telling him everything that happened between Bonnie and I. I told him about the picture and everything Bonnie said...I also told him much of an ass I had been.

I realize now that I did overreact. I said terrible things that shouldn't have even crossed my mind after being with her for so long. I was just so hurt and devastated.

She is the one girl I have ever cared about and I saw the picture and heard what my mother was telling me, drinking it all in, and I just...lost it.

I want to go back in time and take it all back. I accused her of cheating, when she was attacked. Fucking attacked!

I yelled at her for a group of men cornering her, holding her at gunpoint, while one of them tried to rape my girl. I didn't want to believe her, because then that meant that my own mother, was trying to take away my only happiness, so I just believed her. And the picture...

It was so blurry, but I would know Bonnie from anywhere no matter what. I noticed how pale she was when she walked in the living room, how her eyes were slightly swollen and red, how her eyes were glazed over with a little fear. I saw it all and ignored it, only worrying about what I thought was the truth, instead of carrying about my girl's side of the story.

I had been an asshole.

And as a result, I lost the only woman I have ever loved...do I love Bonnie?

I do.

The thought should frighten me...only it doesn't. I feel my heart rate pick up and a smile dance along my face, but then I remember how I ruined everything and my mood instantly plummets.

Was that why I reacted so badly?

Bonnie was the only girl I have ever loved and the thought of her cheating on me just as I was starting to admit it...

That's what set me off.

"You need to fix this!" Kayden orders, slapping me again.

I turn and glare at him sitting on the armrest of the couch. I had called him over as soon as Bonnie left. It had started raining only few minutes after she slammed the door shut and I was worried for her, but I knew I couldn't go after her and that she could handle herself.

"I can't. I already ruined everything between us...Ow!" I growl after being slapped again.

"You're never going to know if you don't fight for it. You were a complete asshole and everything you did was uncalled for and I am so tempted, so tempted, to beat the shit out of you, but I'm not, because I know when you go to get Bonnie back, she's going to do it for me, then maybe, just maybe, she can forgive you," he hisses.

"Why are you so emotional about this?" I scowl, rubbing the back of my head.

"Because I am stuck in an arranged marriage with...it... and I hate it. I wish I could take back the past couple years of me being a player so that I could actually marry someone I love, but I can't. You can still fix your relationship and be with the woman you love, because I know you love her, so you are going to get her back and fix this so that I don't have to see your old self again, because if I'm being honest, though I love you man, that guy was a dick," he deadpans.

"I don't know if she'll let me fix this," I say with a sigh, looking down at the coffee table.

"You won't know unless you try, and dude, you really need to fight for this girl."

Bonnie's P.O.V

I woke up stiff. My entire body felt heavy and awful. I rubbed the back of my neck, trying to get the knots out due to Sky's couch. Luckily, for me, her and her finance had held off on their...nightly activities.

For me.

I felt so welcomed.

I guess when my heart snaps in half I develop a very sad sense of humor...who knew?

I drag myself off the couch and into the bathroom, starting up the shower that Sky told me to use. I knew this was going to happen to me.

I knew I was going to get close to ace and that when something went wrong I was going to be thrown back out onto the streets, homeless and alone once again.

I quickly showered, letting the hot water ease the tension out of my muscles as I mentally prepared myself for work. I still had to train my trainees today. No one cares about my broken heart.

I still had to work.

I only hope that Ace doesn't come in. I'm not sure how I'm going to react to that. I'll just have to wing it and hold myself together for the training session.

As soon as I finish washing myself and soothing out my aching back, I turn off the water and step out, wrapping the fluffy white towel around my torso.

I move like a zombie to my bag sitting in the corner of the bathroom before dressing in my trainer attire. I hand the towel up over the shower bar to dry and brush my teeth quickly, checking the time on my phone.

I don't have Ace to drive me to work, nor do I have his cars.

That's fine, I'll just do what I used to do, before him.

I step out of the bathroom, pulling my hair up into a high ponytail while adjusting everything into my duffle bag. I need to find my own place.

Maybe I can ask Candy to rent out a room in her apartment. She lives alone as far as I know.

"Hey, Bonnie. How're you holding up?" I hear Sky's concerned voice asking from my right.

I turn to look at her, letting my cold, uncaring mask slip back on. The mask I used before Ace. I built the wall around my heart again and steeled my spine.

"I'm fine, thank you for letting me stay here last night, but I've got to go to work," I tell her with a nod, turning towards the front door and yanking it open.

"Bonnie..." Sky starts, but I don't here the end of it.

I'm already out the door and heading down the hallway towards the stairs.

I'm going to get through this, like I've gotten through every beating, every hardship, and every betrayal before this.