Chapter 23

I'm sorry guys! Don't hurt me for this!

Bonnie's P.O.V

"Because..." I start, hating how my voice cracks. "Because I just can't," I manage to finish.

I can't because I love him and I can't live in the same house as him, knowing he only thinks of me as some desperate hooker. I can't take it.

"Goodbye Ace."

I shove past him, holding my tears in as I leave the gym, swallowing the lump in my throat and ignoring my blurring vision. I hate crying, it shows weakness, but I can't seem to help it. as soon as the door closes behind me, a loud sob escapes my lips, causing me to slap my palm over my mouth to muffle it as tears pour down my cheeks.

I've never cried over something like this.

Maybe it is because Ace is the only man I have ever loved and he just shattered my heart, didn't even split it, he just shattered it into a million pieces, like glass being hit with a baseball.

I violently wipe the tears from my eyes as I walk down the sidewalk, towards Sin City. I'm not going to let this ruin me, I'm strong, I can do this.

Even as I tried to convince myself, I knew those words were a lie.

Ace was it for me, and now that he was gone, I was done. I'm never going to get over it and my heart can't be fixed by anyone but Ace, though I know he doesn't give a shit about my fragile heart.

So, I walk down the sidewalk silently, while salty tears slipped free from my eyes. People gave me questioning glances, but I ignored them as I pushed myself through the pain in my heart, focusing on taking one step at a time, one foot in front of the other.

Ace's P.O.V

I pull into Sin City's driveway just after Bonnie's shift, Kayden in the passenger side. He promised not to get drunk this time and be my wingman, but I'm not counting on him to hold up his end of the deal.

I hop out of the car, locking it behind me, before sliding the keys into my back pockets and walking towards Sin City, Kayden jogging to catch up beside me.

"So what's your plan, dude?" he asks, falling into step beside me.

"I'm going to apologize and try to get her to understand and make it up to her," I shrug, but Kayden places an arm and pulls me around to face him, not caring that we are in a parking lot.

"Ace, you need to tell her that you love her. After the shit you said to her, she needs to hear this to forgive you, you need to explain everything and don't let her run away until you are done, then you will have to make it up by being absolutely perfect to her," Kayden says sternly, leveling me with a glare.

I give him a nod, watching as his glare spreads into a full blown smile.

"When did you get so good at giving relationship advice?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"Google, now let's go," he says, turning towards the building and walking with large meaningful strides towards the front entrance.

I smile to myself as I follow after him, shaking my head. Music blares through the bricks of the building, vibrating through the ground. Kayden pushes his way through the front doors, and I follow, taking a deep breath to encourage myself.

I search the pedestals for Bonnie, but I don't see her. I feel my shoulder's sag, but Kayden nudges me with his elbow and drags me over to an empty booth. As soon as I drop down into it, I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I turn around and find Sky glaring down at me. Before I can react, her hand finds its mark on my cheek as she smacks me. I jump off the couch and stare at her in shock as I rub at my cheek.