Chapter 4

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing like crazy. I groaned and sat up looking over at my clock.

"It's fucking three in the morning who the fuck is calling me now!" I muttered to myself.

I picked up my phone and answered it without checking the Caller ID.

"Hey Camden!" Calum's voiced chirped through the phone. "Calum?" I questioned. He chuckled, "Yeah it's me."

I pictured him flashing a cute smile that caused the corners of his eyes to wrinkle up, his chubby cheeks the were indented with dimples. I'll be the first to admit, Calum Hood was attractive.

"Why the hell are you calling me right now?" I groaned flopping back down on my bed. "I don't know, I was bored and I wanted to call you." He sighed. "Calum.." I groaned.

He let out a little giggle. "Its three in the morning Cal, go to sleep, we have school tomorrow." I said hoping that would get him to go to bed.

He yawned, "Yeah I guess you're right, night Camden, see you tomorrow." He dismissed. "Night Cal." I said before hanging up.

I fell back asleep but woke up at least ten times that night.

Since I couldn't go back to sleep I woke up twenty minutes early; it was better than getting up late.

I dragged my feet into the bathroom and took a quick shower. I dried myself off before I brushed my hair and teeth.

I pulled my 'uniform' on and slipped on a pair of black shorts. "Mom!" I yelled while walking into the kitchen. I was surprised to see my dad sitting there sipping on a cup of black coffee.

"Oh, hey dad." I greeted. "Good morning sweat heart, how was your sleep, good?" He wondered I rolled my eyes and hopped up on the counter. "Shitty." I mumbled. He gave me a look before taking another sip of his hot drink. "You should go pick up Aleisha now, don't want you to be late to school." He said tossing me the car keys.

I gave him a funny look, "Dad, I only have my permit, not my license." He rolled his eyes in response so I did the same.

I hopped off the counter and got into the car. I drove to Aleisha's, "Hey Camden." She greeted climbing into the passengers seat. I gave her a smile before driving off again.

We pulled into the school, "Oh shoot, I forgot something back at my house, school starts on fifteen minutes, I can get back in ten, can I borrow your car?" She asked. I nodded and tossed her the keys, "Just be careful."

She nodded and drove off. I walked to the front of the school and just waited; a lot of kids did it too. I started listening to 'Of Mice & Men' and just thought about what song on my guitar I should learn next. I felt someone burning a glare into my forehead so I looked up and pulled out an earbud.

"Can I help you?" I asked looking at Aleisha's friends that I wasn't very fond of. One of them scoffed, "What makes you think you have the right to talk to Calum Hood?" Olive wondered sassily.

I rolled my eyes not wanting to deal with this shit right now. "We're friends, so go ahead, fuck him if you want to you hoe." I shrugged.

I heard them all gasp. "And what about Michael Clifford?" Amber asked. "Oh the Michael who crashed into me Michael? Yeah he seems a bit shitty so go ahead, have him." I groaned.

"And Luke Hemmings?" Maddie asked. "What do you like him?" I questioned. "No, I have a boyfriend and so does Talia, but Aleisha does you bozo!" She snapped. "Wow haven't heard that one since the second grade." I smirked.

"Stay away from all of them or else," Talia threatened. "Or else what? I'm really curious." I asked. "You'll see." Olive smirked.

"But f-off." She growled. I put my hands up in defense. "No wonder they like me more than you." I mumbled. All of them gasped again and stormed off making me break up in hysterics.

Aleisha jogged over to me as she tossed me my car keys. "Hey, where they goin'?" She asked. I shrugged not wanting her to know what just happened. "Do you like Luke Hemmings?" I blurted out making me mentally slap myself.

Her face turned cherry red with embarrassment. "Yeah." She said shyly. I shrugged and walked to my first class; English.

. . .

I sat down in my seat hoping Calum would be here soon. I stared at the doorway for at least two minutes before he walked in, he smiled when he saw me. I stood up wanting to properly greet him.

He ran over to me and gave me a big bear hug; better than Aleisha's. "Jesus Christ Calum," I mumbled into the hug. "Well someone missed me." I chuckled making him do the same.

I looked over and saw Olive glaring at me and I just flipped her off secretly but obvious enough for her to see.

"So, how've you been?" He asked shoving his hands in his short pockets I shrugged. "Okay." I lied; I common lie I made. "How 'bout you?" I asked wanting to get the spotlight off me.

"Good, thanks for asking." He smiled making me do the same. He has quite the contagious smile. "So, um, you met Luke yesterday right?" He asked awkwardly. I nodded, "Yeah, he seems sweet." I smiled. He just shrugged making me raise an eyebrow. "What? Do you not like him or something?" I asked.

He shook his head, "No, he's one of my best friends it's just kinda weird that he invited you to come hang out with us during lunch right away, it usually takes him a bit to get comfortable around people." He shrugged.

"Well I guess it's a little weird how you invited me to hang out on Friday." I spoke. Calum opened his mouth to say something but he didn't because the teacher started talking.

English class moved by pretty slowly making matters even worse because we had to continue our 'romantic' writing.

Calum slammed his pencil against the desk; startling me, and leaned back in his chair. "What wrong?" I asked. He huffed, "I can't think of anything."

"Well let's think of how they'll meet," I started. "How do you want them to meet?" I asked. "Um... a frat party?" He asked making me laugh. "No, that's just dumb. How about... they meet at a café, or ice cream parlor?" I asked.

He though for a moment, "Sure I like it." He smiled. "Okay, well they have to find a way to talk, either he or her can be serving the ice cream or one of them drops the ice cream on each other or-" I said before getting cut off.

"He'll drop his ice cream on her, and he'll say 'I'm sorry' and she'll forgive him and he'll say 'I'll get you a new shirt' and she'll just have to agree." He told me. I nodded, "What should the characters names be?" I asked. "Cashmoney," he winked making me laugh. "And..." he trailed off. "And what?" I asked. "Um.. I don't know who the girl should be." He blushed. I thought for a moment while looking around the room. "You see that girl over there?" I asked, he nodded.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Sierra Dunkin." He said.

"Well how about she's the girl and you can be the boy?" I asked thinking it was a great idea. He scrunched up his nose. "I don't really know her." He said blandly.

I shrugged, "So what? She seems like your type and like a nice girl, and maybe you can become friend or something." I smiled. He just frowned making me do the same.

"Just start writing." I said going back to my piece of writing. "You know what no, I know exactly who the characters are gonna be." He smiled. "Okay then, who?" I asked. He smirked, "I'm not gonna tell you." He teased.

I just shrugged and went back to my writing again, and the main characters are Sierra and Calum.