Chapter 5

I walked down towards the music room but stopped right before the door. I felt sick to my stomach; my anxiety. I felt myself starting to get shaky and I don't know why.

I mean, I knew Calum, I just met Luke and I didn't know Michael so I guess it was okay to be nervous.

I took a deep breath before walking into the room. No one was there, strange.

I placed my lunch down on a chair and looked around the music room. I spotted a guitar and instantly picked it up.

I started playing 'Teenage Dirtbag' by 'Wheatus'. Usually don't sing in public because I'm afraid someone will here and make fun of me but I didn't care at this moment.

I just started singing, by the time I got to the chorus I was full on singing and I wasn't ashamed.

"Hey, what are you doing here!?" I voice called out. I instantly stopped playing and looked up. The Michael I saw yesterday started marching over to me making me even more anxious.

"I-I was just playing, I don't mean for this to happen, I-I'm so sorry I-" I said before getting cut off. "You new?" He asked crossing his arms. I nodded and gulped, I wasn't gonna lie I was a bit afraid of him, he had a badass fringe too.

"Well since you're new I'll let you go, you Calum's friend?" He asked picking the guitar off the floor. I nodded, "He talks about you a lot, you know?" He said glancing over to me before plopping himself down in a chair.

"Oh, h-he does?" I asked confused. He just nodded and continued playing 'Teenage Dirtbag'.

I sat down next to him and just watched. "There other guitars you know, in that closet over there." He pointed. I felt my cheeks get red due to embarrassment.

I walked over to the closet and picked out a guitar closest to my size and sat down beside Michael.

"Hey guys," Calum greeted while walking in. My head sprang up as I smiled. "Hey," I said. I looked behind Calum and saw Luke standing there smiling at me making me do the same.

"Well are we gonna get playing or what?" Michael questioned. The two boys rolled there eyes as the picked up their guitars. "What song should we play?" Calum asked. "I don't know, why don't we let Camden decide?" Luke said smiling over to me. "Um... do any of you guys know 'Bring Me the Horizon'?" I asked.

They all nodded as I took a deep breath. "We could play a song by them, or a song by 'Blink-182'," I shrugged.

They all smiled and nodded. "Let's do that." They all smiled. Michael started strumming the Chords to 'I Miss You' so I did the same. I looked over at Luke who's smile seemed to get bigger by the second.

"Hello there, the angel from my nightmare," Calum sang.

My jaw dropped at how good he was.

"The shadow in the background of the morgue.
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley, we can live like Jack and Sally if we want, where you can always find me, we'll have Halloween on Christmas, and in the night we'll wish this never ends, we'll wish this never ends." Calum sand making me smile even bigger making me put more enthusiasm in my playing.

Then Luke started singing,

"Where are you? And I'm so sorry, I cannot sleep I cannot dream tonight, I need somebody and always, This sick strange darkness, Comes creeping on so haunting every time, and as I stared I counted, Webs from all the spiders, Catching things and eating their insides, Like indecision to call you, and hear your voice of treason, will you come home and stop this pain tonight, stop this pain tonight." He sang.

His velvety voice made the most beautiful sounds that made me feel something, I don't know what it was but it was like something I wanted but I couldn't have it or didn't want to have it.

"Come on Camden sing!" Calum yelled over the guitar playing. My eyes went wide, "Me!?" I asked. He giggled and nodded I took a deep breath and started.

"Don't waste your time on me, you're already the voice in my head." The boys all made the background 'I miss you' which I was happy they did.

"Don't waste your time on me, you're already the voice in my head. Don't waste your time on me, you're already the voice in my head." I sang joining in on the last 'I Miss You's'.

The boys all smiled at me while Luke stared at me and let a small smile spread across his face making me blush.

"You're really good Camden." Luke just blurted out. "Thanks." I giggled. "Actually, screw that, your really fucking good!" He yelled making me laugh super hard.

All the boys seemed to enjoy seeing me like this especially Luke. There's something about him that I couldn't exactly put my finger on.

After lunch I had two more classes; Math and Physics. They were both pretty boring. Aleisha said she was going to walk with her friends today, she said they had to tell her something. I started walking home just listening to my music until I heard someone all my name.

"Camden! Wait up!" I heard someone yell. I turned around and saw Luke running towards me. "Hey Lucas." I said. He gave me a funny look. "What? Is your full name not Lucas?" I asked.

He shook his head, "No it is. What else would it be?" He wondered. I shrugged, "Lucifer." I giggled making him scrunch up his nose in a supper cute way.

"I can't wait till Friday." I informed him making him smile. "Me too."

"What are we gonna do?" I asked. "We'll probably just play some games and stuff, Cal's sister is gonna be there so we can't be too loud." He shrugged.

"By the way you're really good." He smiled. I started laughing again. "You've said that already." I teased. He shrugged, "But its true, you're really fucking good!" He exclaimed. I smiled, "So are you Hemmings, so are you." I said poking his side.

"Is that my new nickname? 'Hemmings'?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. "Fine then, yours shall be McAllen." He said. "Ew, god no." I groaned.

"Then what would you like to be called?" He asked. I thought for a moment. "Whatever you wanna call me." I shrugged.

"Fine, I shall call you Shorty, because you are really short.." He smiled making me laugh. "Alrighty." I smiled making him do the same. It was true though, I was only five foot.

"We should hang out and play sometime, you in a band?" He asked. I shook my head, "No but I'd love to be, I just don't know anyone who'd be interested in it." I sighed.

"Well, I know a girl." He smiled nudging my shoulder. "Who?" I asked cocking my head to the side.

"Well first there's this girl names Aleisha McDonald, I've seen you two talking a couple times, you friends?" He asked. I nodded, "Yeah, we're good friends." I shrugged.

"And this girl named Sierra Dunkin, she's a good guitarist and singer, she likes the same stuff you like, I think you guys would do good in a band." He smiled making me do the same.

"Who's in your band?" I asked. "Me, Michael, Calum, and a dude named Ashton; he's our drummer." He said.

I stopped walking once I reached the front of my house. "Bye Luke, see you tomorrow." I waved. "Bye Camden, oh wait, Camden?" He asked taking a step closer to me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Here's my number." He smiled down to me giving me a little slip of paper. I smiled, "Thanks, I'll definitely use it." I winked making his giggled.

"Bye Shorty!" He giggled.

"Bye Hemmings!"