Chapter 3: Are You Sure We Can Trust Him

*Rafe's POV*

No one spoke as the new casters disappeared and the redhead came back on screen.
It couldn't be true. Eleanor couldn't be dead. She was to smart to let herself get killed. Besides they hadn't found a body, and the blood could have been from several times it didn't have to be all at once. It's only been six months I'm sure if she was actually dead they would have known by now. I mean, right?
"I don't believe it." Alex shot up out of his seat. "Ellie isn't dead they just want a bloody story to sale on the anniversary of her going missing."
"Just like on TV shows." Mack remarked sarcastically. "Listen I want to believe that she's out there just as much as the rest of you. But maybe she is gone. Maybe it's finally time to move on."
I shook my head. "What if the blood accumulated of a period of time? What if it didn't happen all at once?" I asked, to no one really.
"God, Rafe, that's even worse." Magnus' voice was barely above a whisper, and he looked as pale as a ghost. Which was weird considering he's the one who's been convinced she was dead. "To think about Ellie being harmed and tortured for half a year is so much worse than thinking she died."
"She's dead." Jerica stated, getting up. "Get over it, guys, the great Eleanor Bates met her match and she lost! She's gone, and the sooner we accept it the better." She started to leave the room when Alex grabbed her arm forcefully.
"No!" Alex shook his head. "Family doesn't give up, Jerica. Sure Eleanor was royally messed up, and everyone knows she is not my favorite person. But I know one thing. If it was any of us she would never give up. You know why? Because family doesn't quit." He explained.
"Yeah well, Alex, you don't know who you're talking about. She turned her back on Mack once. She turned her back on all of us that day at the Miller's Hideout. And she'd do it again, for in the end Eleanor Bates leaves the biggest scars of anyone you've ever met. She messes with people and they end up just like her, if not worse than her." Magnus pointed out. "Just look at Janna, Jerica, or Rafe. She messed them up bad."
He was making me so mad right now. "Listen, Magnus! Ellie was your best friend so how dare you say something like that about her, ever!" I said, my voice raised very so slightly.
"Rafe's right, you're being a real jerk right now." Mack agreed. "And don't you use me as an example. If I had my whole life to do over I'd still choose her. I'd still take the pills. I wouldn't change a thing."
"And as for her leaving scars. Yeah she left a lot of them on a lot of people." Jerica muttered. "That's no reason to quit."
"But that doesn't mean you throw in the towel. Ellie left huge scars on all of us, but if I even think there is the slightest chance that she's alive then I'm going to bloody keep searching til the day I die. And whoever can turn their back on her now then don't even talk to me." Alex finished, turning to all of us. "I'm serious I'm going to continue to look until they show me a body."
"As am I." I stood and walked to my best friend. "No matter how many years go by."
"I'm with you two." Mack rose to stand with us. "Jer? Mag?"
"Sorry, but I can't." Magnus shook his head. "I'm out."
"Jerica?"
"I-I don't know right now." She stammered out.
"Well you let us know when you find out." I sighed.
Mack's phone buzzed. "I gotta take this it's Jack." She left to answer the phone.
"Jack." Magnus laughed. "For all we know he kidnapped her. I mean he was the one we sent out looking for her, and he never came back." He headed to the door. "And come to think of it I haven't really seen him since." He paused. "All I'm saying is, can we trust him? Are you sure of that?" With that he left.
Could we actually trust Jack?
Mack returned moments later. "He's about ten minutes away, but he's down for it if you two are." She announced.
"Down for what?" Alex inquired.
"Going to scope out the cabin ourselves." Mack acted like she hadn't just said the dumbest plan ever.
"But it'll be crawling with cops." I stated the obvious.
"Exactly, but let's not forget who we are." She smiled. "We're the worst kids in all of England. No one messes with us."

################################
Could Jack do something so vicious to his closest friend and partner?
Sorry it was kinda short. - Izzy