Chapter 8: Phillip

*Mack's POV*

I'd just sent my glass shattering to the floor, but I could care less.
"Mackenzie?" The all too familiar boy squinted his eyes at me. "Is that you?"
The voice alone was enough to make me want to collapse in this very floor and cry my eyes out.
I got up quickly, nodding as I did so.
He opened his arms just as in time as I ran to him.
"Phillip." My voice barely audible. "How can this be?"
Phillip picked me up off the ground, spun me around-something he did all the time when we were kids-and carefully sat me down again. "You're so big now." My older brother shook his head in amazement and wiped a few fallen tears from my cheeks. "You can never imagine how much I missed you." He kissed my head.
"I missed you too, Lip." I burried my head in his chest.
Someone behind us cleared their throat.
I turned slightly, staying close to him, only to find my friend gawking at us. Everyone looked either shocked or confused.
"Hello." Phillip waved at them. "I'm Phillip, Mack's older brother." He took my hand and led me back to the booth.
Padma whispered something to him, and slipped what looked like a torn piece of paper into his pocket.
I raised an eyebrow to which he only smirked.
"So you must be Mack's friends that she's told me so much about." He lied with a polite smile. "Let me see if I can get this straight," He pretended to close his eyes and think before pointing to Rafe. "Raphael Turner?" He guessed. How'd he know that?
Rafe nodded.
"Jerica Jones." My brother pointed right to our ginger now raven's haired friend.
"And Alex." His finger landed on my boyfriend and I froze. "Heard you're dating my little sister." He laughed. "Hurt her and I brake every bone in your body."
"Lip!" I pushed him. "Be nice to him. I don't want you scaring him away." I said with a laugh.
"Trust me I'm not scared." Alex smiled confidently.
Little did he know Phillip was one of the worst that ever lived.
I faked a smile and sat back down, patting the seat beside me for Lip to sit.
He did as told and slid in beside me. Leaning back he whispered into my hair. "I heard El came to visit you yesterday."
My eyes widened as I turned to look at him.
'Not now' his eyes seemed to speak.
"Small world," Jerica broke the silence . "My cousin just got here earlier today."
"I didn't know you had a cousin." I stated.
"Yeah she's fourteen with red curls like the rest of us and green eyes. She normally comes from America for the summer, but she hasn't been able to the last couple of years with everything going on." Jerica explained.
We all nodded simultaneously.
"Why didn't you bring Sophia then?" Magnus questioned, leaning forward.
"Yeah I love that little girl." Rafe agreed.
Jerica sighed. "She had somewhere to go with Daddy today, but she promosed that if they got done early she'd swing by here and make an appearance."
"Too bad I would have liked to meet her." Phillip entered the conversation. "But sadly I must go." He kissed my head then got up. "I'll see you at home, Mack." He waved at the others before leaving completely.

*Phillip's POV*

Lighting a cigarette, I took out the note from Padma.
S got it done don't worry. No one will know what really happened at the cabin ~ PT
I smiled and stuffed the note back into my pocket. The blood was gone. Any evidence my sister and her friends got had been destroyed by an inside source. Things were looking up.

.........

I took off my jacket and shoes. "Hello, everyone."
"How was Mack?" Ellie asked, reaching for the lit cigurette in between my teeth.
I handed it over to her. "Good." I sat down on the couch. "So what are you doing out of your cage?"
"She let me out." Ellie tattled, motioning to the ginger behind us.
"I thought you were dying your hair?"
"Was going to," the ginger shrugged. "But after I cut it all off I decided against it. Instead I gave the hair dye to her." She glanced toward Ellie, who up until now I hadn't noticed had sale hair now.
"I thought you liked the natural color, Princess."
"I did but brown is how everyone here knows me." She shrugged.
"Yeah, we're getting ready for her distance back into the world." Ginger said with a grin. "JJ said so."
"And it is all thanks to Soph." Ellie got up and hugged the smaller ginger.

#########################
Sorry most of this was a filler - Iz