Chapter 11: The Body

*Jerica's POV*

"Woah, what happened up there?" Jack inquired as we pulled into Miller's Hideout.
"Just wait-" Jane Jones broke herself off as she turned of the eginition. "Go look for yourself." She unlocked the doors. "I've already seen it."
Mack slid out of the car, practically running down the hill. I followed close behind her.
Captain Russo knelt with who I assume was a coroner. He turned back toward us as we came closer.
"Miss Hendrixs, Miss, Jones." He addressed us as he stood.
"What happened, Captain Russo?" I came to a stop in front of the police tape.
"I'm sorry, girls, I hate to be the one to tell you this," He paused. "They found a body in the lake." Mr. Russo had tears in his eyes.
Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Mack slip under the tape. She didn't get far before she collapsed on the ground sobbing.
Alex ran to her, gathering her into his arms.
"Whose body did they find?"
Mr. Russo looked away from his son and future daughter-in-law (what you know it's going to happen sooner or later). "Eleanor Bates."
What? It can't really be hers. Can it?
Tears pricked behind my eyes, threatening to flow. "How'd she die." I choked out. By this Rafe, Magnus, and Jack had made it down the hill. They stood not far away waiting to here what was happening.
"Her wrists were slit at least a few days ago which we believe she might have bled to death." He answered grimly.
"Suicide?"
Russo shook his head. "The way they were cut doesn't look like a little girl could it to herself."
"So murder then?"
"Yep." He motioned for the rest of the gang to come forth, and they did. "I'm afraid right now all of you are suspects. Even you, son." He called for a deputy who came sprinting over. "I need you to come to the station with me and answer a few questions."
"This is crazy." Jack laughed. "Why would any of us kill Ellie. We loved her."
"Exactly, but people do things for just that reason, kid." Alex's dad pointed to the other cop. "This is Alvarez, he's going to take you lot in."

......
*Mack's POV*

The station was packed with people and reporters by the time we got there. As we got out of the squad car a hushed whisper fell over everyone. Little things could be picked up like 'Did they do it?' or 'I knew those kids were no good'. But they didn't seem to bother any of us. Inside people waited. A few familiar faces among the many. Padma Turner sat against the wall looking pissed. Tod Warner and his goon Jimmy were complaining to the front desk person about missing football practice. But as soon as the doors closed all eyes went on us.
"Oh look what the cat dragged in." Tod taunted. "If it isn't the Rat Pack, and by rat I mean actual rats."
"Shut it, Tod." Padma spoke up.
"Please, Turner, don't tell me you really think they didn't do it." Tod said. "I mean look at the freaks, but I don't think they all did it just the brunette on the left." He pointed right at me. "I mean we all on she had motive, right?"
"Right." Jimmy quickly agreed.
"Why don't you both shut up and go make out somewhere." Padma made a shooing motion then gestured for us to sit with her.
"What jerks." I muttered, taking a seat. Everyone seemed to stare at her. "Does everyone think I did it?" I questioned the darker girl.
"Pretty much," Padma shrugged. "Sorry, Mackenzie."
"Well I'll tell you who I think did it." My voice quiet as I glanced down at my shoes. "Jackson Jones killed the part of my family and I'm curtain of it."
"Why would my dad kill Ellie?" Jerica looked a tad bit mad. "He doesn't even have a motive."
But she didn't know what I knew about the man she called father. She didn't know what secrets webbed a cloak around him. She didn't know the half of it, and if I had to I would spill it all to the captain. Because no one hurts my family and gets away with it.