Chapter 19: The End

"To be absent. Away. Elsewhere. To no longer be existant in somebody's life. Or to live on through memory, if you essence remains." - Effy Stonem

*Ellie's POV*

"Why'd you call us?" I questioned.
JJ, Alice, and Phillip stood in the office area.
"I have good news." JJ announced. "You did a good job on your friends."
"And because of that you can go." Alice finished for him. "I mean you'll have to leave town. You can't stay here, but besides that you can go." She slid something across the table.
"I have something I need you to do." JJ stated. "Sort of a parting deal." He joked. "Janna can't go back home, not now. She could still blow everything. So therefore I want you to take her with you." He motioned to the papers on the desk. "These are papers saying Jane and I relinquish all rights to Janna, and you two have full custody of her."
I look at Phillip, who only nods in responce. Telling me to do it.
I take the pen Jackson holds out for me and sign my name on the line.
Phillip comes and does the same thing.
"I guess that's it then." Jackson sighs. "Goodbye Eleanor."
"Bye JJ."
He kissed Janna's head. "I know with them you'll be alright. Eleanor would never let anything harm you for she loves you so." He surprisingly smiled sadly and went back to standing next to Alice.
"I went to the house ealier and got everything that belongs to both of you. It's already in the car." Phillip informed.
"Then let's go." I turned on my heels and headed toward the door.
"You ready, Princess?" Phillip shut the trunk and smiled brightly up at me.
"As ready as I'll ever be to leave this place." I answered, looking back at the house that kept me locked away for the past year.
"Don't leave me!" Janna shouted, running out the door, her bag in hand.
"Now why would we do that, little one?" Phillip laughed. "You're now our daughter."
Janna smiled proudly at the words he spoke. Like he'd just told her all her dreams would come true.
It was true JJ signed over all rights of Janna to Phillip and I.
Maybe we would get the happy life we always dreamed of. Even if it came with a steep price.

*Mack's POV*

Taking a deep breath, I looked over at Jack and hit play

"Hello, lovelies." Ellie grinned at the camera. "I thought both of you should know I'm leaving town with Lip. Stefan knows of an open apartment in his building with is two hours from here." Phillip was visible, messing on his phone. "You know, this isn't the end of our story. So maybe after you finish high school you'll come see me. I'm sure you can convince Alex to remember, Mack." Ellie laughed. "I love you both so much and it's hard to leave you. Just don't let this be the end." Ellie broke off, and the video ended.

"There's no reason to stay here." Jack said, reading my mind.
"I agree."
Just like that we silently agreed that the minute we graduated, we were going to be with our friend.

*Rafe's POV*

On my dresser sat a sketch, just like she said

On my dresser sat a sketch, just like she said. It was a sketch of me around the age of fifteen, and a rather good one at that. My name, the date, and an inscription sat at the bottom.
"By the way, Miss Bates, I'm your local bad boy." It said in spiraly handwriting. Below it read One of the first things you ever actually said to me. Love you forever ~ Ellie.
So she'd drawn this. I don't know when, or how, but she had sketched this.
I smiled and run my finger over the words. A small brunette girl with curious blue eyes and a smirk on her lips, came to rest in my mind's eye.

*Magnus's POV*

Why? Why me? Why would she leave me this note? Why would a stranger leave such a note to me? Why not any of the others?I glanced back down at the letter again

I glanced back down at the letter again. Reading it slowly.

Dear Magnus,
I know that I have trusted the right person with this. There is a way to fix what has been done. A way to reverse the medicine used to wipe your memory of me. It's rather simple really, you just need to find every glimmer of a memory you have. You just need to jog your memory is all. Remember this. On your desk is a file. The file contains everything on Jackson Jone a.k.a JJ my kidnapper. Everything he's done, everything he's said, all of it. The whole past year. It's up to you to look at it. I can't make you. It's up to you what you want to do with this knowledge. Don't share this letter, nor tell the other about it, I beg you. 
Thanks for always being there for me, and always being my Tony.
Maybe just that sentence alone will make you remember me.
As a conclusion. You will see me again, Mag, one day you will. And when you, do I hope you remember me.
Love always ~ Ellie

I smiled down at the paper, and like that it happened. As I read it for the tenth time, I realized this was no stranger this was and will forever be my best friend.
- "Okay 2, 3, 5, or 6?" I asked.
"But that's out of sequence though." The brunette laughed.
I gave her an unamused face.
"Okay, okay. Um, 3." Ellie chose.
I counted three times and lifted a tab. "Yes."
There was no answer to what the yes was for, you see, because we were just playing.
"Okay, my turn." Eleanor took the paper from me. "Pick a color. Yellow, red, blue, or purple?" 
"Yellow." 
Y-E-L-L-O-W She counted out. "Okay now a number. 2, 7, 3, or 8?"
"That makes less sense then my numbers did." I defended.
"Just pick." Ellie tried to sound bored.
"Okay, fine, 2." 
She pulled up the tab. "No chance."
"Redo that was unfair!" I pouted, causing her to giggle. I bumped her  shoulder lightly. "You cheat!" 
Ellie gasp. "Do not!" 
"You totally do!" I laughed.

I also remembered sitting on my bed with a sixteen year old brunette who was laughing hysterically.
"You don't fool me, Effy Stonem." I'd said. She stuck her tongue out in responce and we went back to watching telly.
Eleanor Bates the girl who changed everyone's lives for the better

The End for now..... To be continued in Never Forget

################
That's it's guys, the end.
Never Forget will be up by Saturday. Well it already is up but it needs to be motived to fit the story.
The next story will take place quite a few years later and introduce new characters.
I'll post a sneak peak on here later.
Bye ~ Izzy