Chapter 15: JJ and Undiscussed Plans

*Ellie's POV*

Moments ago Todd led me to a room I'd never seen before. Now I stood looking at an empty desk. Apparently JJ hadn't come back from wherever the heck he was.
The room looked like it used to be an old library or office with books lining the side walls with a big metal desk in the middle of the room. It wasn't a large room, but it wasn't the cellar.
"Hello, Eleanor, sorry I'm late. I had to swing by the house to pick something up." JJ's voice came from behind me. "I hope you will forgive my lateness." He appeared in front of me.
"What do you want?" I asked. I wasn't in the mood to play games with him.
"The death was a good touch." He commented. "Who's idea was it? Huh?"
I shook my head. "I'm not ratting out my friends." I stated simply.
"No, Eleanor. I'm proud of them, but mad, silly girl." He chuckled.
This guy was seriously messed up. Like criminally screwed up.
"This is one big game to you, isn't it?" I laughed. "You enjoy all this."
"Just answer the question." Jackson snapped.
"It was Sophia's idea." I ran a hand through my hair. "Figured it'd be easier for you not to get caught if no one was looking for me." That was only half truth but he didn't need to know.
"And how did you make a fake body?" Jackson sat down behind the desk and folded his hands in front of him, signalling me to sit as well.
I complied. "Phillip knew a technic to stop someone's heart and breathing for a short period of time, but still keep them alive. So they did that and tossed me at the river's edge." I explained. "Amanda Hastings, who works for the force, managed to get me out of the station's morgue and start my heart beat again."
"So," Jackson leaned forward. "I want to make something clear, Miss Bates." He paused, looking straight at me.
"Go on."
"I'm not your friend,"
"Obviously." I mumbled.
"I am not one for teams or being a fair boss." He stood and made his way toward the door. "With that being said; don't think I won't hurt any of your friends if you step out of line." He opened the door. "I have someone here who I'm sure will remind you not to misbehave again."
"Why don't you just kill me, JJ?" I questioned. "I know that's what you want. Me dead. Your life would be complete so why keep me here locked up?"
The only response was a chuckle before he disappeared. He reappeared a second later with another person. This person was smaller with red hair. I thought it was Sophia at first, but as they came closer I realized it wasn't her. "Janna?" I asked in disbelief.
"Ellie!" Janna broke away from her father's grasp and ran over to me. Dropping down in front of me, Janna hugged me.
I hugged her back tightly. "Hey, kid." I said softly before glaring up at him. "What's she doing here?" I half demanded, holding Janna closer defensively.
"She's a bright girl, always has been. She found pictures of you growing up and figured out everything." Jackson tried to pull her away, but I wouldn't allow it. He wouldn't hurt Jan like he did me. "Brave too. Even confronted me about what I'd done. She figured it out." He tried for her again and failed. "So now," He continued anyway. "She gets to stay with you for awhile and maybe, just maybe, you can convince her that you aren't worth her losing her life."
I shuffled her behind me. "You're sick, Jackson, she's your daughter, a hundred percent your daughter. And you dare to even think of hurting her!" I said. "I won't let you. She's only eleven years old." I took a step toward him. "You lie one finger on her, or put her through anything you have me this past year. I will kill you slowly, making sure it's as painful as it can be." I threatened.
"Is that a threat, Miss Bates?" Jackson raised an eyebrow.
"No." I shook my head. "It's a promise."
"Careful, I see the old Eleanor pecking through." Jackson teased, warningly.
A soft knock came from the door. "Mr. Jones." Madison announced. "You have a call."
JJ opened his mouth to speak, but Madds beat him to it. "It's Alice Owens."
"I'll take it up here." A look a fear pasted his face. Alice Owens was the lady devil. "Take Eleanor and Janna to the cellar would you?" It wasn't a request it was a order.

..........
*Mack's POV*

I knocked heavily on the door. A muffled coming was heard before the door opened.
A half-asleep looking Jack stood on the other side. "Mack, what is it? It's one in the morning."
"I know where Jackson is keeping Ellie." I rushed out.
Jack immediately looked alert as he pulled me into the apartment. "What? How'd you find out?" He asked. I didn't have to explain the 'she's not dead' thing to him because he never believed she was.
I took a seat on a stool. "Tonight Lip came to pick me up from the station, and Ellie was with him. They took me back to where she's being held." I stated.
Jack pulled on a shirt before replying. "Do you remember how to get there?" He sat next to me.
I nodded, a smile growing on my face. "Every step of the way." I answered.
Jack grinned. He'd always been more of an older brother to Ellie-even though they were the same age-then Jasper ever was. He probably cared more about her than any of us. "Then what are we waiting for?" He hopped up.
I pulled him back down. "Listen, Mr. Jones is crazy, I mean worse than Jasper crazy. We can't just just go bursting in there, Jack." I explained.
"Yeah, you're right." He agreed tiredness seeping back into his voice.
"You're the only person I've told." I admitted. "For you always have the ideas." I laughed softly. "Don't let me down this time, J." I added afterward.
He pulled me into a side hug. "We'll come up with something to help Baby Girl. Until we do we shouldn't tell anyone about this."
I nodded in agreement, lying my head on his shoulder. I couldn't help but remember sitting in the diner this same way a couple years ago, discussing how to stop Jasper and Grace. "He's harmed her, Jack." I whispered.
"I know, Mack, and he'll pay for that." Jack kissed my head.
"She can't stay there another day." I shook my head against his shoulder.
"And she won't." Jack assured.
"Promise?"
"Promise."