Chapter 5: Love Always, E

*Unknown POV*

"Where is she?" I demanded.
The younger girl looked up and shook her head. "She wasn't here when I went to wake her." She responded.
"Well you better find her." I ordered. "And find her now. You know she isn't well enough to go out yet. Not after what she did a few weeks ago."
"I know." She sighed, hopping up. "She probably just went to see him." The redhead walked to the door. "Don't worry I'll retrieve her." With that she left.
I hope she finds her before she breaks again.

........

*Rafe's POV*

I woke up the next morning and rolled over, only to find the bed empty. She was gone like always. Ellie was never here when I woke up. Sometimes I wondered if she was even really here, but small things told me she'd been here. Like a note on the dresser, missing clothes, stuff like that.
With a sigh, I got up and made my way to the dresser-which top drawer was slightly ajar. I know I closed it after changing last night.
My attention was drawn to the bathroom door as it opened.
She stood there, hair dripping and fresh clothes (my clothes to be exact).
"Ellie?"
"Hey, babe." Ellie walked over to me, wrapping her arms around my neck.
I wrapped my arms around her waist, and pulled her close against me. "What are you still doing here?" I asked into her hair.
"I wanted to see you fully awake." She admitted. "Wanted to be here with you." She whispered the last part before leaning up and brushing her lips against mine. I kissed back.
We pulled apart after a minute or so. I smiled down at her.
"Gosh, I missed you." My voice was barely above a whisper.
"I missed you too, but I have to go now." Ellie smiled, touching the side of my face with her fingertips. "I hate to go." She glanced away. "I'll be back tonight though." She promised, stepping away. "Hopefully."
Ellie walked to the window, lifted it, then looked back over her shoulder.
Her face was covered by damp curls, but even then I could see her smile.
"I love you, Rafe, never forget that." And just like that with one uttered promise she was gone.
I stood there for a moment, trying to comprehend what just happened.

.....

*Mack's POV*

My phone buzzed signalling a text. I swiped the screen to open it.
Hello Mack, darling, it's been too long. I have to see my sister. Meet me at 3:15 at Kenny's ~ E
I read over the text a couple times before turning to Alex and letting him see.
"What in the name of Alison Dilaurentis is this?" He inquired.
"If I knew, honey, I wouldn't be showing you." I said with a laugh. "Should I go?"
He looked from the message to me and back. "Do you think it could be Ellie?"
"I have no clue."
"Then you should go." He nodded. "It sounds like something she would send."
"Well it's three now so I guess I should go." I got up off the bench, kissed his cheek, and made my way to my car.

......

Kenny's was a whole in the wall diner-next to an old mental asylum-that hardly anyone went to, ever, just old couples and stoners.
I pushed open the door, making the little bell chime.
"Are you Mack?" A guy about twenty questioned, from behind a counter. His name tag read Stefan.
"Who wants to know?" I replied.
"A redhead about your age told me to tell Mack that she would be in the back room." He explained. "And you look just like the description."
I sighed. "That's me."
He motioned to the very back room that was marked private. "In there."
I thanked him, and made my way to the back door. Reaching for the doorknob, I twisted it, and stepped in slowly. It was pretty light do to the amount of windows in the room.
A ginger girl sat at the back of the room, looking out the window.
"Ellie?" I tested.
The ginger turned with a smile. "Mackenzie, you don't know how much I've missed you." She said coolly.
I gasped. It was Eleanor! It was actually her! "Eleanor!" I broke into a sprint, meeting her halfway, and threw my arms around her.
She quickly wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. "Mack." Ellie whispered. "It's good to see you."
"You too."
We stayed like this for awhile. Ellie had grown and we were now the same height. "Where have you been?" I asked, pulling away a little. "Are you hurt."
Ellie had a bandage on her right wrist and a bruise on her jaw. "I'm okay." She nodded. "Better now that my sister is here."
I pulled her back into another hug before going to sit where she had been earlier.
Ellie laid her head on my shoulder, and we talked about random stuff for the longest time. She seemed to not want to talk about what happened. So we didn't approach the subject; she'd tell me when she was ready.
"Your hair is back to red." I remarked. "I like it this way."
"Me too." She smiled, then within a second it was gone. "You're real aren't you, Mack?"
"Of course, I'm real." I looked down at her. "Why wouldn't I be."
"Because I used to hallucinate you and Rafe were with me." She sighed. "It was the only way to stay sane and alive." Ellie added softly afterwards.
"Oh, El." I pulled her into a side hug. "I'm real. I'm here now." I kissed the top of her head.
"But I'm not safe yet." Ellie shook her head against me. "I can't come back yet, but I needed you to know I was alive." Ellie paused. "I needed you to know that I hadn't left."
I was shocked for a minute. "What do you mean not safe, Eleanor?"
"He's not dead, so I'm not safe. When I can finally get away from him I'll come back. I'll come home." Ellie had a scary serious tone laced in her voice.
"Who's he?" I inquired.
Ellie sat up and shook her head. "I can't tell you, but you'll find out soon." She checked her watch. "I have to go but keep your phone close though." She stood, taking me with her.
"I'll see you soon, Mack." She hugged me one last time before heading out the back door.
"Ellie!" I called after her.
Ellie looked over her shoulder and raised an eyebrow. "Yes."
"You should see J-"
She cut me off. "I'm headed there later tonight. Love you, Mack." With that she vanished out the door.
I slumped back in a chair and pulled out my phone. Quickly typing in a number before remembering what Eleanor had said: "Don't tell anyone about me."
Shoving the phone back in my pocket, I sighed. Maybe Rafe wasn't crazy after all when he said he saw her.

########################
That's that folks.
I changed the chapter titles and made Baby Girl the next one, because this needed to happen before that.
Who's he, and who was the person at the beginning of this chapter?
Ellie was going to see J who?
Questions and answers will be revealed soon.
Could Rafe and Mack actually be going insane, or could Ellie really be alive?
Until next time - Izzy