9.

Jay went out with Doug after work with Janet. By the end of the night, the three of them had occurred a $186 tab which Jay paid with some of the cash commission he had earned. The three of them took a cab back to Dougs. Jay and Janet shared the couch.

    It was around 4am when they began putting their clothes back on. They laid back down next to each other, smiling. It was just then that there was a loud banging sound from outside the window.

    "Did you hear that?" Janet asked.

Later that night Jay started experiencing very vivid nightmares. Jay had experienced a strange vision of an alien like serpent hissing at him from an other worldly jungle that was not of earth. The Alien snake-like creature had locked its eyes onto Jay, entrancing him. Jay looked up and could see an explosion of gold into the sky. Jays face had become covered in gold, and as he wiped the gold from his face, he found small blotches of blood. Then Jay heard the loud quaking of the pipes at Belko Inc. and he woke up screaming.

"Hey. Hey. Jay, are you okay?" Janet asked in a whisper.

"Yeah, I just. I had this dream that felt so real..."

"What was the dream?"

"It wasn't. A dream. It was a nightmare."

"I have nightmares too."

"But I don't."

"That is weird. Ever since I started working at Belko I've been having sporadic weird nightmares. Of just strange creatures and I don't know... They've just been really weird."

"Damn."

"What?"

"Wish you would have shared all the baggage BEFORE we started hanging out."

"Shut up." Janet laughed.

Janet hugged Jay and immediately their faces met with a long kiss. Jay pulled from her embrace, smiled at her, then kissed her again. The two laid back down on the couch and didn't say a word; instead they laughed at Dougs strange snores together.