13.

"You don't think it's too soon? I mean, I don't. But I'd understand if you did."
    "Nah. Im glad you moved in." Jay said, kissing Janet's face where she laid wakes next to him in their bed.

    Are you sure you didn't just want me moving in because it was economical? I mean we can keep this strictly business if you want." Janet joked.

"You're the perfect sugar momma until I find a new job."

"I found in job in three days after being fired from there. You can too. And once you get away you'll realize how weird it really was and creepy even. It always had this creepy vibe to it and that one manager, the one that's never on the sales floor-"

"Mark."

"Yeah, him. He was really creepy. Always peering down from his blinds. I just, I don't know... people are just weird there. Sorry? No offense to your friend but those top sellers are really weird and self important."

"Yeah Kyle never used to be like that." Jay said. "Kyle changed his phone number. And Tony hasn't responded to any of my text. He got promoted to top seller right before they canned me."

"Really?? Tony is ignoring you too? How weird. That's what I mean though, they're like this little cult. And I don't know, maybe they're in a cult- and they're all in on it together and maybe- you see, this kind of thinking would explain why I was having so many nightmares while I worked there." Janet laughed.

"Your mom said something about that. I was having nightmares too. Their tea, it helped a lot."

"Probably just to suppress you while they mentally probe into you're cerebrum and take full control... something cool like that."

"Maybe."

"Do you still drink the tea?" Janet asked.

"Nah. Not since I stopped working there. I don't think I've been having nightmares either though."

"Maybe that's because you're not so close to it anymore."

"So close to what?"

"To whatever evil it's hiding. I bet they hide it right there in the building-"

"That would explain the mink earthquakes! Bad pipes, my ass."

"You're adorable!" Janet howled.

"I know. I know, that's crazy." Jay laughed.

But was it crazy? There was only one way to find out, Jay thought.