Chapter 2: Brothers

A/N: So uh, I suck at making chapter names. Also, i wanted to let you guys know that this chapter is going to be intense, I guess (triggers: abuse, self harm, homophobia) . I hope you guys enjoy :)

Cas' POV

As I walked into my driveway, I saw my uncle's green pick-up truck and my heart dropped. If he was home that mean that something bad was waiting inside for me.

With the door ajar, I heard the sound of glass breaking before I entered the house. I ran to the scene of the noise to see my uncle, who had just dropped a bottle of beer that he had gotten out of the fridge.

"Oh, look who's home." He stumbled over the ground.

I turned around and started to walk up the stairs to my room.

"Don't you walk away from me, boy!" I hear my uncle yell from below.

If he got any angrier, I knew the hits would be worse, so I turned around and faced him.

Almost immediately, a fist came in contact with my stomach and I stumbled toward ground with a yelp.

"Stand up! Take it like a man! Or at least try faggot!" (I hate this word, people who use it make me want to puke)

My brother younger brother, Gabriel, walked into the front door way as I took another hit.

"Cas!" I heard him yell as he dropped his backpack and ran toward us.

"Gabe, stop. It's fine."

"No, it's very far from fine. Why are you doing this to him?" He argues, stepping in between my uncle and I.

"Move, Gabriel," My uncle growled harshly.

"No."

"Gabriel, just do it." I said quietly.

He looks at me with his sad golden eyes, "Cas he has no right to do this to you."

Gabe had only seen me be beaten once a few years ago. He was too scared to do anything so he just sat in the corner and cried. He doesn't know this happens at least once a week. It would break him to find out.

"He is a disgrace towards God, he deserves to be punished," My uncle states.

"Nobody deserves to be beaten."

"Get out of the way or I'll punch you too."

"Gabe go up stairs, now." I gesture toward the staircase.

I saw the tears forming in his eyes. He lowered his head to the ground, blinked, letting the tears fall. As he walked away, I could see the pain in his eyes, seeing the only brother he cared about getting beaten.

My uncle kicked me, punched me, and shoved me. When he was finished, I ran up to the bathroom, tears falling down my face and bruises already beginning to form.

You're a disgrace.

As I locked the door, I heard my brother knock. I turned on the shower to block out the noises of my sobs.

You're weak.

I opened the medicine shelf and get the blades. I took off my trench coat and slid my sleeve up.

You deserve this.

I sliced into my wrist. A familiar sting spread across my forearm.

You're worthless.

I watched the blood pool, then drip onto the floor.

Go to hell.

My uncle's words repeated in my head as I cut deeper. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven. I sliced into my arm, a slit for each shove, kick, and punch. The tears poured down my face.