Chapter 7: Two Bros Sitting in a Bed Five Inches Apart Cause They're Not Gay!

Dean was sitting on his bed working on some math homework. A cool breeze blew through his window, parting the red curtains with every light burst of wind. The sun had just set, so Dean's bedside lamp was on.

Dean sighed in frustration, he couldn't figure out the answer to number nine on the front page. He bit the end of his pencil, just barely parting his lips with the eraser.

Exhaling angrily, Dean placed the pencil on his math book and picked up his phone. He had one unread message.

Hello, Dean. It read.

Dean grinned, Castiel had texted him.

Hi Cas. He texted back.

A few seconds later, Dean's phone buzzed with a reply.

What are you doing? Cas asked.

I'm doing math homework. Or at least trying to... I can't figure out a couple problems. Dean replied.

Maybe I can help? Castiel asked. Dean smiled at his offer.

You don't have to, Cas. But thanks for the offer. Dean replied.

I want to. Send me the problems. Dean sighed, then snapped a picture of his homework and sent it to his friend.

Within a couple of minutes, Castiel had walked Dean through all of the problems that he was having trouble with.

Thank you so much. I don't know what I'd do without you, Cas. Dean texted to him half jokingly, laughing quietly to himself.

You would've figured them out on your own. You're smarter than you give yourself credit for, Dean. Dean blushed as he read the text from Cas. He was too sweet.

Dean sent Cas a heart emoji, then immediately regretted it. He cringed at himself until Castiel replied with something that didn't even have to do with the emoji that Dean sent. It read, I need to talk to you. I want to tell you something.

Shoot. Dean texted back, getting kind of nervous about what Cas had to say.

It's about... what we talked about earlier. It has to do with my uncle. Cas texted.

Okay... Should I be concerned? Dean replied.

I don't know. He just... he's abusive. That's why I hurt myself, Dean. I just thought you should know. Castiel explained.

Dean felt a pang of sadness in his chest as he read the message from Cas. He knew exactly how Cas felt. He even considered telling Castiel about his father, but decided against it. This was about Cas, not him. It was never about him. Cas didn't deserve it and he did. This was different.

I'm sorry Cas. Thank you for telling me. Dean replied.

Dean was confused about why Cas had told him. Did Cas really trust him that much? It meant a lot to Dean if he did. He wanted Cas to trust him.

Dean texted Castiel again, Just text or call me if it happens again, okay? I don't want you to hurt yourself.

Dean clicked off his phone and put his face into his hand, sighing. Cas really didn't deserve this.

Dean's phone vibrated in his hand again, the message simply said, Thank you, Dean. I will.

Dean smiled to himself sadly, wishing he could be with Cas right now. He put his school work away and walked down the hallway to Sam's bedroom.

Dean cracked open the door to Sam's room, peeking inside. The light was off, so he must be asleep. Dean snuck into the room, going to the edge of his little brother's bed.