Chapter 5: Spark

A/N: IM BACK BITCHESSS
so uhh I am going to try to write this chapter in 3rd person pov and see how it goes. Don't get mad at me lol, I might stick with it, I might not... anyway, enjoy and thank you sO MUCH FOR READING omg I'm surprised this story has gotten any attention. love you guys <3
(ps that fanart is so cute ahdhfhhfhfhf it also fits this chapter omg)

The Winchester's apartment was on the second floor of the mediocre apartment building. The boys took the stairs up because the elevator was broken.

Dean unlocked the door and it opened into a living room, which was fairly small. Cas could see an old couch with multiple stains and a small entertainment stand with a television on it. He also noticed that there were several beer bottles scattered around the room.

"So, uh... this is home sweet home. We're still kinda unpacking.. not that we have much stuff to unpack anyways," Dean said, scratching the back of his neck. "It's not the nicest, but you get what you get, right?" He let out a nervous chuckle, like he was embarrassed that Cas was seeing where he lived.

"Dean, it's okay. It really is," Cas assured. Dean smiled in reply, those perfectly straight and gleaming white teeth seemed to stick out against his tan face.

"GABRIEL STOP PETTING MY HAIR!" Sam exclaimed, for what Cas counted as the seventh time.

"But it's just so sofftttt!" Gabe argued, "what kind of shampoo do you use?" Sam swatted at Gabe's hands and glared at him.

"So, what do you guys want to do?" Dean asked while he closed the door and put his keys in his pocket.

"What about a board game?" Sam suggested, still struggling to fend off Gabe's petting ( third base already? (; ).

"A board game? Really Sam?" Dean criticized, "When was the last time we even played one of those?"

"Ok, fine. Nevermind," Sam backed off, but Cas could've sworn he heard Sam mumble 'bitch' under his breath.

"Do you have any cards?" Cas threw out. He was starting to notice that he talked more when he was around Dean. He just generally felt a lot more confident with himself, which was odd because Dean made him so nervous.

"Yeah, that actually sounds like it could be fun," Dean agrees, "I think I might have a pack of cards in my room. Be right back!"

"What the fuck," Sam said in confusion, "Cas he likes you so much."

Cas blushed. He hoped that Dean really did like him as much as he liked Dean.

By the time Dean got back from his room with a deck of cards, Cas, Gabe, and Sam were already on the couch. Gabriel was practically on top of Sam they were sitting so close.

"Okay, so I found the card game Uno in one of my boxes. I'm not exactly sure how it got there, but it's the only thing I could find so I guess we're playing that," Dean explained.

"I like Uno," Cas grinned.

"I'm so good at Uno, I'm going to beat all of you!" Gabriel chanted.

Castiel was really enjoying himself. He felt like he actually belonged sitting there beside Dean. He wasn't sure what it was, but Dean made Castiel feel so at home. It wasn't just that, but Dean Winchester also gave Cas a sort of feeling he had never felt before. Even though the two juniors had just met a couple of days ago, Castiel sensed that this, whatever it was, wouldn't end anytime soon. He hoped that the bond between them would get stronger. Now that he thought this out to himself, it sounded pretty stupid.

"Cas," he heard someone say, snapping him out of his little fantasy, "it's your turn."

"Oh, my apologies."