C h a p t e r T w e l v e

[ R o m e  a n d  G r e e k ]

I realized I was standing inside a cave. The ground was full of water and also dripped from above. It wasn't a pitch black cave, there were torches on the cave wall. It felt humid and freezing. I brushed my arm to keep warm but it was impossible.

I walked further inside the cave, there it was a perfect sphere amethyst pearl bundled with small tree roots. The pearl was shining dark purple lights, it was very beautiful. I tried to get closer but my feet stepped on giant roots.

I raised my eyebrows. I looked around and gasped. The cave was full of vines and flowers. Right under my feet were tangled tree roots, they were huge and huddled like snakes.

"Beautiful isn't it?" said a voice with a delightful sound. "A perfect amethyst pearl. The color of night sky, source of ancient power, very powerful, and it's for you. Come to me, my dear."

It was the same voice. The same woman voices in my every dreadful dreams. The ground beneath me started to shake. The plant roots were moving, so did the vines on the cave wall. They reached my feet and worked their way up to writhe my body. I felt my bones had been crushed to pieces. I screamed in pain.

"Come to me, my dear."

"Or what?" I shouted.

"Or your beloved ones will die."

...

"Phoebee!!"

"Phoebee!!" I jolted out and sat up straight. The pain felt so real, I almost couldn't believe I was still in one shape. I saw Percy's worried expression because of how breathless I was. "Are you alright? I tried to wake you up couple times, but you sleep like you were dead."

I brushed my eyes. "What time is it?"

"It's early morning. We better get back to our own cabin before everyone is awake."

"Okay." I nodded. "Did I sleep on the beach last night?"

"Actually, we did," Percy laughed. "After we went for a tour, we sat on the beach and talked all night. That was when you fell asleep on my shoulder."

"Oh God, really? I'm really sorry." I said as I tried to stand up but my hand felt a warm fabric above my stomach. I saw a light blue jacket. "Is this yours?"

"Yep." He said popping the p while standing up to clean up the sand on his jeans. He reached my hand and helped me stand on my feet.

"Percy, I'm so sorry! You must have been sleeping in the cold." I gave his jacket.

"Keep it," he chuckled. He put back his jacket around my shoulder. "Besides you had a cute face when you were sleeping."

"You are not making me feel any better. I feel bad." I sighed as I watched Percy's eyes. He definitely won't let me return his jacket. "Fine, I'll take it but it will take some time for you to claim it back."

"I don't see a problem." He smirked as I rolled my eyes.

Percy walked me back to Apollo's Cabin.

"This will be our secret okay?" I told him.

Percy put his index finger in front of his mouth. "Secret it is." He chuckled and ran off to his own cabin.

I tiptoed my way back to my room, trying really hard not to make any sound. I opened the door of my room slowly and went back to bed. I covered myself with a blanket. My mind couldn't stop recalling what happened last night. It was magical and felt like a dream. I couldn't hold my giggle just by thinking about it.