C h a p t e r T w e n t y

[ I n t u i t i o n ]

Annabeth's POV

I was still pissed with Percy. Why would he take side with this new girl? Phoebe obviously didn't know how to make decisions in this kind of mission. Her life was perfectly fine for 17 years, it could be considered that she was the luckiest demi-god in this whole world. Meanwhile, I had to suffer since I was 10 years old. Another thing that got me pissed was the moment she joined, she got Percy's attention and Rachel suddenly called her 'my lady'. I hated to admit that I feel jealous toward Phoebe.

God, what happened to me? Focus Annabeth! You were Athena's child. Athena never brought personal feelings in every mission.

"Are you okay Annabeth?"

Hazel touched my shoulder. We were resting in a forest since we were attacked by monsters twice this day. It was very crazy, we had not reached Amazon at all and were still stuck in a forest.

"I'm okay." I said, there was no way I would tell her what I just thought. Hazel only nodded then looked away. Frankly, she didn't look any better than I do, she seemed more worried. "On the other hand, I think you are the one who is not okay. Want to talk about it?"

Hazel sighed as she pulled her knees to her chest and rested her chin on top of her knees. "I'm just scared to go back to my past."

I wrinkled my forehead. "What do you mean? You are here with us."

"It's not like that." She smiled sadly. "I feel like the life I have right now can disappear in a second. I love Frank, I'm afraid that I can't see him anymore."

My eyes scanned Hazel's worried eyes.

"I can relate to that. I think everyone is worried whether we can come home or not." I said after a long pause. "But you don't need to worry, you will see Frank. We just have to make sure everything is according to my plan and we will be okay."

Hazel nodded then she looked to the sky and said. "Oh right, you had a little fight with Phoebe before."

"Ye-yeah..." my cheek flushed, I didn't know why she needed to mention that.

"You shouldn't be that hard to her," Wonderful, I just consoled her and now she defended Phoebe. "I'm not defending her. This whole thing is new to her, she has never been trained before and knows about gods or demi-gods. She was just worried, she felt like a stranger between us you know? I know she tried really hard to blend in."

Her words kept spinning around in my head. Maybe I was a little too hard on her. I hadn't talked to her properly because I couldn't control my jealousy. I only talked to her if I had business with her, never for a random chat or from heart to heart chat. She saved me once! For God sake, it was only once. I was actually fine even though she didn't save me. I wasn't wrong. I had to be like this because I was Athena's child. I had to be stronger and smarter.

"Hazel! Annabeth!!" I heard a cheerful voice come out from a bubble. It was an Iris message from Phoebe and Percy.

"Where are you guys?" I asked.

"We are on our way to New Orleans."

"What the hell?" I gasped. "You should be in Chicago right now! What were you two doing? And where is Leo?"

"Calm down Annabeth." Percy raised his hand. "Leo didn't want to leave his ship, so we decided to meet Asteria. We just contacted him and he is okay." Then Percy explained to us about what had happened in Chicago.

"Oh my God..." Hazel gasped. "No wonder we lost our daytime."

"Have you guys met Amazon?" Phoebe asked.