C h a p t e r N i n e t e en

[ Q u i ck  F a m i l y  R e u n i on ]

I sat still. I waited for her answer. My mind was working so hard to sort this out. Asteria said the last three sentences of the prophecy were about my friend.

"Circle of ancient power

Exchange for whoever daughter

Long night, gods shall make the tower."

Asteria kept silent. "You might have dreamt about an amethyst pearl. That pearl is the circle of ancient power. We need the pearl to gather God's power and send Gaea and Ouranus back to sleep."

"Where is the pearl?"

"It's with Gaea in Alaska."

"Oh no..." my heart sank. I felt like the world started to an end.

"Gaea made a deal with the God of Olympus. She wants sacrifice. She wants a soul exchange with the pearl."

"So I guess that soul is me?" I shivered.

"No, it's not you." Asteria said. "It's Hazel Lavesque."

My heart dropped to my stomach. "No, that can't be happening!" I freaked out. I promised Frank to keep her safe, I couldn't let her do this. Frank would be devastated. "Does Hazel know about this?"

Asteria rubbed her hand together. "Every demigod has a dream that leads to their future."

"It means she knows!" I screamed. "I have to contact her."

"Phoebe, there is nothing you can do to avoid a prophecy. Just like what we did, it eventually became like what it says in the prophecy."

"I know that." I crunched my pants. "Thanks for letting me know." I stood up, prepared to go. I packed back my things and walked to the door.

"Phoebe." She called me. "Remember to feel your power and don't do anything stupid."

We stood in silence. "I won't." I said cracking the silence.

Asteria had a doubt in me. I knew that, I could see it on her face, but she shrugged it anyway. "One last thing. You might have to tell your friend that the war will happen in Camp Jupiter."

Percy's POV

As Phoebe and Asteria went to the second floor, I decided to walk around and explored every inch of the first floor. This place actually felt comfortable. I didn't feel hot even though there was no air conditioner. My eyes caught an interesting painting hung on the wall beside a wooden cupboard. I walked closer then realized it was a family tree.

On the very top, there was Ouranus and Gaea. Right beneath them there were some other titan names that I didn't recognize. But then I stopped at a very familiar name. Phoebe and Coeus. There was a titan named Phoebe? Apparently Phoebe and Coeus had children called Leto and Asteria. Asteria married to Perses, they had a child named Hecate. While Leto married to Zeus...

"What the hell? What about Hera?"

Leto and Zeus had children, they were Apollo and Artemis. Did that mean Apollo and Artemis were not Hera's child?

"No they are not."

I jumped. I put my hand on my thumping heart. "Granny?!"

It was the same granny I carried before I went to Dusty Telescope. She stood right beside me with the same clothes while staring at the family tree. "Granny Phoebe, what are you doing here?"