C h a p t e r F i f t e e n

[ T h e  J a c k e t ]

"Tick...tock...tick...tock..."

"One,

Two

Three..."

"Someone would die, which one would it be?"

I saw a woman sitting under the tree. She wore a long white chiffon dress with a little bit of dirt at the edge. She was singing in Latin, her voice was deep and persuasive. As I stepped closer, she slowly turned her head toward me. A sudden bright light came across her face, making it impossible for me to see her. I squinted my eyes, the light was too much to handle.

...

My dream changed again. I was inside a place that was dark, full of puddles and my chest felt heavy just for breathing. I saw a blond haired man with scars all over his body. He bled ichor from his forehead, neck and chest area. He was badly injured. His arms and legs were chained to rocks. That place was dark, full of puddles, and I felt heavy for breathing.

"Ugh..." that man groaned. "Phoebe...dear..."

My heart stopped. Is that my dad? It was the same voice.

"Dad...?" my voice came out in a whisper. My throat stuck, my body shivered. My legs won't move.

"Phoebe, remember to use your heart on each decision you made."

"Dad where are we?" I ignored what he just said. He didn't say anything.

...

The dream dragged me to another darker place. I smelled something so bad that I had to cover my nose. I looked around and realized I was in a middle of rotten dead bodies. I felt something grabbed my ankle, it was a hand. I yanked my leg and ran away but a dark silhouette came closer to me. My eyes widened. I thought I would never see him ever again.

"Mitchell..." my voice cracked up. Tears filled my eyes.

He looked paler than usual. He wore clothes exactly like the last time I saw him. His body was completely fine. His eyes were not hazel, they were blank. He was empty.

"You shouldn't be here." He said.

"Why?"

"I'm dead. You shouldn't join me."

My heart sank.

"Whatever you do, promise me you won't be here any time soon." His legs started to walk backward. He was gone between the woods.

"Mitchell!!"

....

My eyes flung open wide in shock. I breathed heavily and sweat dripped from my forehead. I sat up to tie my hair into a ponytail. Damn that dream was tiring. My heart was beating so fast that I almost believe Hazel and Annabeth could hear it.

"Are you okay?" Nico sat down beside me.

"It was just another bad dream." I sighed as I rested my head on the tree log.

"Here." Nico gave me a bottle of mineral water.

"Thanks." I drank the water till the last drip. "You don't feel sleepy?" I asked him.

Nico crossed his arm and leant into a huge tree log. "I'm used to not sleeping."

I nodded my head slowly. We sat in silence. "Oh here your jacket." I took it off and gave it back to him.