Chapter 1

*A/N: So this is my first original work I'm publishing (meaning non fanfiction) so bare with me. I made her thirteen, because I really DON'T want to make romance the main part of the story. Also,  I am going to be writing a lot of stories about siblings. Anyway, I hope you enjoy*

   Leila saw herself running through a forest, running from a gunman that was trying to kill her. She fell on the ground and the gun was pointed at her head, and when he pulled the trigger, she woke up in cold sweat. It was just a dream. An overemphasis on an event that happened in real life, but still. Just a dream.

    She still had to think about how that should have been her. She should have died, not them. It would of made everyone else happier. If her and her parents fates were switched. She knew that's what her brothers thought.

      Speaking of her brothers, she smelt bacon being cooked. Her brother,  Justin must have been up cooking. It had been six months since their parents died. Leila got up,  drawn to the smell of bacon frying and headed downstairs. Justin was cooking, while Ryan was setting at the table.

    Ryan turned to look at his sister, "Look, she finally woke up." he told Justin, and Jason turned around.

    Justin glared, and snapped. "Well I see you laid in bed awake, until there was no work left to do."

    Suddenly, Leila felt absolutely worthless. She didn't mean to sleep that long! She knew she was a burden to her brothers. She would honestly do all the work of she could. Leila looked down. Why did she have to ruin the relationship with all her brothers. Jason scooped the eggs and bacon onto a plate and said, "Don't worry. You're doing the dishes today. All of them."

       Leila looked towards the sink full of dishes and sighed. Why did her brothers hate her so much? She didn't say anything however. She just stared. Justin had dark hair like their father and Leila, and blue eyes like their mother. Ryan, however had blond hair like their mother and blue eyes like their mother.

   Leila had their father's eyes. She just stared, until Jason snapped, "What are you looking at?"

    Leila quickly turned away. Both her brothers looked handsome, although the younger sister wasn't particularly pretty. At least in her very humble opinion. The siblings sat down and Ryan and Jason continued to talk about sports, a subject Leila wasn't to interested in. At least, not watching them.

     Leila had been a really good and confident soccer player, and even she thought it was better to play than watch. She lost all her confidence after her parent's death. It crumbled down with the rest of her life.

      Leila picked at her food and Jason took notice, asking, "Why aren't you eating?"

       "I'm not particularly hungry."

        "Why?" Justin asked, concerned. "Are you sick?"

           She honestly didn't know, but felt Jason's warm hand touch  her head. He sighed, "You aren't sick. Please eat."

       Leila, afraid of disappointing her brother ate half her plate of food, before her brother gave his approval. Leila went to wash the dishes, and it took her about a half an hour. She saw her brothers sitting on the couch, talking. However, when Leila sat next to them, Ryan looked at her, asked if they should leave the room and they did.

    Leila simply started crying, wondering why her brothers hated her.

   (A/N. Sorry for the short, event less chapter. It DOES get better!)