Chapter 7

The weekend came soon enough, and Leila's brothers loaded her with chores, while they sat back and relaxed. While she cleaned, they ordered her to fetch them this and that- so basically, she was their servant. So when she finally got to her room, and the caffeine she loaded her body with kicked in, she laid frustratedly in her bed, tired, but wide awake, when a flashback came across her mind.

It was a week after her parents were shot, and her and Ryan sat in Justin's apartment, while he talked to social services. Ryan was awfully silent, and absolutely refused to speak a word to Leila, but she didn't take offense to it. After all, he too had lost his parents, just a week ago.

She heard Justin's soft voice talking in the other room, and she looked at Ryan who had a stoic look on his face- a looks that Leila couldn't tell meant he was angry or happy. She just grabbed Ryan's hand to have him jerk it away from him. She could've sworn he even glared at her. But what did she do wrong?

Leila, being the stupid fool she was, had to speak "Ryan, what's wrong?"

Ryan simply got up, and walked into the other room, completely ignoring Leila and her question. He went into the kitchen, and when Leila followed him into the kitchen, she saw him filling up a glass with water. He looked completely emotionless as he watched his glass fill with the clear, natural liquid. He looked as if he simply didn't care anymore. But deep down, Leila knew he really did.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Leila asked, innocently.

Ryan spun around, with a furious look on his face, and demanded, "Why the hell are you following me, you pest?"

Leila's heart sunk deeper. Pest? All Leila was trying to do was find out why her brother was being a douche. She went over and touched his shoulder, and he flung it enough where her whole body ended up on the floor. Leila, felt everything ache, but most of all, her heart. She felt tears threaten to fall. But she couldn't cry. She believed crying was week, and she couldn't lead Ryan to believe she was weak.

"What is your problem? I lost my parents too, ya know!" Leila shouted at him.

This only caused Ryan to glare more, and this time his glare was deadly. Leila believed he could and would kill her if it was legal to. Ryan stepped closer to Leila, which made Ryan like a building ready to fall on top of her at any moment. He was scary, and Leila admitted it was the first time in her life Ryan actually terrified her. His face, his stance his everything.

"And whose fault is that?" he hissed.

I couldn't believe my ears, and ran out the house as fast as possible. She ran to the nearest park, where her and her family used to go to when she was little. But she cried. She was weak and she cried. Everything reminded her of her parents, and she wondered how Justin and Ryan's life would be if the killer had shot her too- or instead.

Eventually a very worried Justin found her and Ryan apologized, and she said she forgave him, way too easily. Despite him saying he didn't mean it, she knew he did. He was right to blame her too- it was her fault. They never spoke of it again, and Ryan continued to reassure her their parents' deaths were not her fault. She knew better. He said it himself, and he only regretted it when Justin went searching for her, and found her crying and refusing to tell him what was wrong. Justin never did find out what happened.

After that flashback, Leila decided to visit her two brothers. She stopped outside Ryan's room, to hear his snoring- he was asleep already. Best not bother him. She then, walked to Justin's room to see him passed out at his desk, where it looked like he was doing the bills. His sleeping face looked stressed, which made Leila think...

Maybe their lives would be better without her.

***

So how was it? I feel like it's my best chapter so far, so what do you guys think?

Please comment and vote!