Chapter 15

Sorry, I have been busy with life and shit, anyways, here you go...

"You know he doesn't like you back, right?" Ryan randomly retorted during breakfast.

Leila's eyes narrowed towards him, not knowing what the heck he was talking about, but soon, her clueless mind realized what he was talking about: Taylor. To be honest, Leila knew that Taylor didn't like me back, because, let's be real, why would he? Leila did know that it had been a long time since she'd been as happy as she was when she saw him, at least until reality hit, and Leila realized that it would never happen.

  Leila simply smirked at her brother, "I have no clue what you are talking about."

  Ryan sighed, walking to the other side of the room to put his syrup-caked plate in the sink, internally rolling her eyes at his sister. Leila, once again, had no clue what she was getting herself into, and, once again, it would spiral her into a deeper depression. Ryan wished he could protect her from being hurt once more, but unfortunately, heartbreak was one of those things that could not be prevented.

  This was something Leila was soon to find out.

****

Weeks had passed, Leila was still crushing on Taylor, Ryan still noticed and continued to worry, and Justin was confused as to why his sister blushed and got flustered. It was a strange situation, and Justin, having no clue what was happening was simply happy his sister wasn't upset.

   Of course Leila was still depressed- a boy can't make the trauma she went through go away. She did, however find someone besides her brothers who actually asked how she was feeling, someone who cared if she was going to die. Unlike Ryan and Justin, however, he did it because he cared, not because he was obligated to.

  It was a weekend, and the three siblings were sitting around, doing nothing.... at least Ryan and Justin were. Leila was in her room, getting dressed and ready for Taylor to come over, as she remembered Ryan saying something about it.
  She was particularly nervous on this day, because she decided today was the day she decided she was going to confess.

  Of course, Leila wanted to look good for it. That is to say, nobody wants to look like a trash can while confessing their feelings to the love of their life. So she put on the best dress she could find. A yellow sundress, that was knee-length, and she put a sunflower in her mud colored hair.

  She was about to do her makeup, when Ryan came in, and raised an eyebrow at her, "You look nice today."

  Ryan went over to sit on her bed, and continued to watch her get ready. He ran a hand through his blonde hair.

  "Yeah, I'm telling someone something today." Leila explained, and Ryan sat there, deep in thought.

  Leila looked at him sitting behind her in the mirror, trying to connect the dots. Leila wasn't sure that he would, but nevertheless, Ryan's face changed when he did, like a lightbulb went off.

  "Leila, you can't confess you like him!" Ryan yelled, "because he doesn't like you back!"

  Leila felt her stomach begin to boil with anger, as she heard this. What was his issue? Why was he so against them being in a relationship?

  "Why, because you don't think anyone could possibly like me back?" Leila snapped.

  "No, Leila-"

  "Or is it because you don't think I'm worthy of your friend? Or is it because if I date him it will make it harder for you to ignore me like you and Justin have been so focused on doing since the appointment?" Leila snapped.

  Leila was to angry to realize she had finally said something about their behavior towards her, and didn't realize Ryan stood there shocked.

  "No, Leila, that is not what we've been trying to do at all-"

   "Then what? Why am I not allowed to ask this one boy out, and perhaps he will like me, and for once, I could be happy?" Leila screamed, "Why R-"

  "Because he's gay, Leila!"

  That hit Leila like a gust of wind, and Leila stood still. Gay? She had been panning after someone who could never possibly like her back? She suddenly felt horrible for the tantrum she just threw, and all the accusations she just threw at her brother, when he was only trying to hurt.

  Ryan sat there, staring sympathetically at his baby sister, and Leila sighed. She was so tired of the sympathetic looks- it only reminded her of how helpless she really was. She stared at her brother as her vision became blurred with tears.

  How could she be so stupid? Of course he would never like her! Even if he wasn't gay....

  Soon, her tears became sobs, and she felt a pair of arms wrap around her, and her head was pressed against a chest. The person smelt of cheap Nautica Voyage cologne.

  "I'm sorry for yelling at you." She whispered.

  "I just wanted to protect you from getting hurt, but looks like I didn't do a great job of that...." Ryan whispered back. "You'll find someone eventually, but you're thirteen, you're not even in high school yet! Just wait, one day you'll find someone."

  Leila breathed in, appreciating the comfort of her brother, and him trying to protect her from heartbreak. Was it possible that Ryan really did care about her? And didn't just help her out of obligation?

I'm sorry guys, but I thought it would be best for the story if Taylor didn't like her back, and plus I'm not good at writing romantic stuff, because I personally don't read a lot of it, and it's not my favorite genre...

Besides, I wanted this story to be about a family dynamic, because I feel like there are way too many romance stories on here, and I just thought this one should be different....

Luna is returning within the next couple of chapters.

Please comment and vote!