Chapter 6

Leila laid in her bed, thinking to herself. Those scars on Luna's wrist- they looked like the ones on her wrist. Suddenly, she felt not so alone. She suddenly felt a connection to this girl, even though she though she just met her. She laid, staring at the ceiling fan above her and she wrote in her journal about Luna.

  Soon, Justin came in and saw her writing and said, "Good, you're home." he then, came in and sat on the edge of her bed. His face filled with unreadable thoughts. His tone was serious. "Leila, are you happy?"

  Leila was very confused, as she didn't understand what he was talking about. "Huh?"

  "You haven't been eating, and don't you dare tell me you aren't hungry- I've known you my whole life." his tone was soft for once, and lowered even lower as he stated the next words. "Me and Ryan have also noticed the scars on your arm."

  Leila stopped there. She honestly didn't know what to say about that. "Those, I-I fell and I s-scratched my arm."

  Justin didn't look like he believed her, but changed the subject."So, I talked to your Pre-Algebra teacher today." Leila's stomach churned, as she remembered talking about her grade the other day. "We're meeting for a conference. Anything you would like to tell me?"

  "I-I'm failing." she told him.

  Leila expected her brother to explode, but he just shook his head. "Not good, Leila. Really not good."

Then he left.

*********

This chapter was short and crap and I'm so sorry.