Chapter 13

Once Leila got back into her room, tears began to fall out of her eyes, but they weren't tears of sadness, which were much too common for her these days, these tears were tears of frustration. Why would nobody talk to her? Why did Ryan and Justin hate her all of a sudden? What was that Luna girl's problem with her?

Leila sat on her bed, as the tears of frustration once again turned into tears of sadness and loneliness. Why did everyone hate her? It wasn't like Ryan and Justin loved her before, but at least before, they didn't ignore her.

As she sat, crying the memory of her parents' death flashed before her eyes. She remembered watching the bullet pierce their chest. She remembered looking at their pale bodies, after their life had been drained out of them. She remembered, crying helplessly over their bodies, when life had suddenly stopped, or at least it felt like it stopped.

She sighed. I had a choice, I didn't make it quick enough and now my parents are dead.

I opened my drawer and found a hidden razor, I then pressed it against my wrist and cut. As I did so, I watched the blood deep out of my arm, the only indication that I was human, because lord knows a human wouldn't stand there and watch their parents get killed.

She sighed, covering it up. There was nothing she could do now, only give herself these reminders that she was still a person. Her parents were gone now, because of her, and there was nothing she could do about it. She grabbed a black sweater and placed it over her shoulders. No matter what happens I'm still human. That's the important part.

She grabbed her journal and wrote her daily entry, about the strange girl who had a strange hatred for Leila, yet both were so similar. She wrote about how her brothers continued to ignore her, and how she longed for them to at least reach out and show they care.

As she closed her book, she heard her door creek open, to reveal a worried looking Justin. Justin sighed in relief, "Thank god you're okay!"

He ran to Leila's bed and pulled her into a tight hug, which both shocked and flattered her. Leila cuddled farther into Justin's chest, when her brother pull her off of him. His face then turned into annoyance.

"Where the hell were you?" Justin demanded, angrily, "You know how panicked I was when I got five missed calls from Ryan and he tells me you weren't in you room?"

"I-I saw someone from school wandering around the neighborhood and I was making sure she was okay." Leila explained.

Justin nodded, in a understanding way, "Just make sure you let us know next time.."

Leila looked away from him, "It's not like it would've mattered if I had asked. You guys would've ignored me anyways."

Justin sighed, and Leila knew he was holding back something. He knew very well that they had been ignoring her, but he didn't know how to tell her why. So there was an awkward pause between the two siblings, before Justin spoke up.

"I got you a gift." Justin announced, and Leila was shocked.

  Gift? Justin only gave gifts for birthdays and Christmas. He wasn't a big gift giver, so when he said that she was shocked, but she looked at her brother, who smiled, "Close you eyes."

  Leila did as she was told, and closed her eyes. She felt a small chain wrap around her neck, and at Justin's word, she opened her eyes. When she looked down it was her mother's locket. It was an oval that was embroidered with daisies, and was rose gold. She soon caught herself gaping. She was shocked, as Justin had told her the necklace had been lost.

  "How-"

  "It doesn't matter! All that matters now is it's yours." Justin smiled, and Leila wrapped her arms around him, and he did the same back.

  "Thank you." Leila said, "I really needed this."

  For the rest of the night, the two siblings talked and Leila soon fell asleep. When she woke up, she heard my brother leaving the room, and Leila soon heard a whisper that sounded like Ryan.

"Why didn't you tell her?" Ryan demanded, quietly.

  Leila frowned. Tell me what?

  "Because it would crush her!" Justin defended.

  Soon, Leila's stomach clutched. What were they keeping from me. She continued to listen to her brothers.

  "Oh, because she is so happy without knowing!" Ryan's sarcastic whisper rose.

  Leila's heart felt heavy. Her brothers were arguing, which hardly happened, and it was because of her. Leila was once again a burden to her brothers. Her eyes filled with tears.

  "Ryan, not now, I'm tired, I need to go to bed." Justin argued calmly.

  "Just tell her how you really got that necklace. Tell her what really happened to the necklace, Justin! She may not like the fact you visited Grandma tonight, but she will sure as hell prefer to know the truth!" Ryan whisper yelled.

  I paused. Justin did what?

So another cliffhanger! So it's midnight where I live, I stayed awake to write this chapter so you're welcome!

Anyways, its finally Leila's POV again, and I have and idea what to do the next few chapters, so I'm excited! Also, I'm sorry if it feels like Leila cries a lot. It's just get hard to make an emotional character that doesn't cry.

I also updated the cover, but you already saw that!

Someone asked me if this story has a happy ending or not and my answer is...kind of?

You'll see.

Anyways. Please comment, vote and follow.